Best panorama stitching and HDR softwares

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 24, 2007
To all digital darkroom experts, which are the best software for stitching panoromic shots and hdr?

Thanks!

Jul 19, 2007
ive had some bad experiences with PTgui, where the entire pic was distorted very badly and the colour was just off (seriously, can post here if u wanna see)

however, id recommend panorama factory - ive been using it for quite a while, and i must say it works really nicely. corrects brightness falloff, distortion etc and basically corrects some of the mistakes u make while shooting

and which one has the shallowest learning curve?
sorry for asking a shallow question :embrass:, i don't have much time these days to afford hours tinkering with new s/w..

night86mare

Deregistered
Aug 25, 2006
www.pbase.com
sorry for asking a shallow question :embrass:, i don't have much time these days to afford hours tinkering with new s/w..
i would think photomatix is easy for hdr, it's all very intuitive

and well if you can't use it, i know quite a number of people here use it so they can help :)

i haven't tried any other hdr rendering software.. unless you count photoshop which sucks

Jul 19, 2007
well i havent tried many pano stitchers, just a small handful. pano factory just requires me to import the pics then press 'next' like seven times cos ive already preset the stuff

i wish could just press next once, but i guess that isnt bad anyway. most stitchers, if u use fully auto will be usually quite fast and easy to use

Falcon

Jan 18, 2002
Is the free and basic version of photomatix good enough to achieve good effects?

Jul 19, 2007
Is the free and basic version of photomatix good enough to achieve good effects?
o_O
free pano stitching software thats free? guess i shld have asked u guys before purchasing mine

night86mare

Deregistered
Aug 25, 2006
www.pbase.com
not sure, never had to use it.

o_O
free pano stitching software thats free? guess i shld have asked u guys before purchasing mine
free pano stitching software that's free?
big breakfast that is big? =D

ok, kidding aside, photomatix is a HDR program, yeap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom