Best(or close to) chicken rice in Singapore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilmerlin

Jul 26, 2002
Woodlands
Hey guys, a British friend of mine will be visiting Singapore in August and he has asked me where to go for some good chicken rice. Now, I've not been back to Singapore for 2 years already so I'm no longer sure where to go.

You guys got any recommendations? Please give address as well please!

Thanks!

Hey guys, a British friend of mine will be visiting Singapore in August and he has asked me where to go for some good chicken rice. Now, I've not been back to Singapore for 2 years already so I'm no longer sure where to go.

You guys got any recommendations? Please give address as well please!

Thanks!

I personally like the one at the top of Far East Plaza. Not the best there is but it isn't bad and in Orchard road. Plus, the place air-conditioned so you guys can eat in comfort till you get used to the heat.

The other good one I know was in the Telok Blanah Heights Hawker centre (next to the market) but one of the two old guys died and they decided to call it quits apparently.

I am sure there are others but I don't know of them.

Roasted Chicken: Wee Nam Kee Chicken Rice at Opp. Novena Church :thumbsup:

You want cheap and (close to) good chicken, and you are willing to travel, try the chicken rice store (I cannot remember the name of store) at the corner coffeeshop of Blk 252 Ang Mo Kio Street 11. It is located directly across Mayflower Secondary School.

I am a Hainanese, and this is probably the best chicken rice store I have tried in Singapore so far.

The other good one I know was in the Telok Blanah Heights Hawker centre (next to the market) but one of the two old guys died and they decided to call it quits apparently.

Oh, you like that too? Was my favourite since schooling time. I would eat that almost everyday after school cos my school was just nearby. :bsmilie:

Another one I like was at the Chinatown market, can't remember the name of the store but it has a blue signboard. Since, that place is under renovation now, I normally go to Maxwell market to have my chicken rice, quite nice too. It's opposite the popular 'hum chim bang' store. Evilmerlin can bring your friend to try that too.

Roasted Chicken - Commonwealth DR Market.

Hainanese Chicken - Tian Tian @ Maxwell.

Sin Kee @ Margaret Drive or Pow Sing @ Serangoon Gardens :)

There's a chicken rice stall at Holland Village. U know the 'new' (I know not exactly new) air conditioned food court there? Its in there. The chicken rice tastes quite nice I feel. :)

The rice rox. The chicken's tender. What more can a man ask for? :thumbsup:

I want CHicken RiceBalls..:cry:

There is one that is selling Riceball at Purvis St. just beside this Shang onn hotel.
Closer to Beach road, than to Victoria St.

I have not tried it, so i cannot tell u if it's good.
But the mutton soup is good :p

I think Tian Tian at Maxwell is the best because the Chicken is the most tender. They were sent to New York during the Singapore Fair last month.

Sin Kee is good and I like the chicken at The Soup Restaurant too. I know it's not chicken rice, but the Sam Shui chicken :thumbsup:.

Where got superb CHicken RiceBall...? address please...

Boon Tong Kee at Balestier. the whitechicken skin is orgasmic...
The one across from Peace center is surprisingly good too.

Boon Tong Kee at Balestier. the whitechicken skin is orgasmic...
The one across from Peace center is surprisingly good too.

LoL, Yap yap

Balestier rd has lots of good food.

boon tong kee at balestier road is nice.

Tian tian is way too crowded right? Always super long queue and must wait very long. It is not really that fantastic to warrant the wait. Boon tong kee no need to wait, got air con, and just as good.

Status
Not open for further replies.