Not open for further replies.

KiamH

Oct 7, 2006
Sengkang
DVDs?
Hard disk?
Online?

Pls advise. thanks

I used to backup to DVDs but lately decided to invest on external HD storage. I appreciate the faster access to my archive and images can be managed and stored in an efficient manner with applications like Aperture of Lightroom. It's obviously a more expensive solution over other recordable media but the tradeoff is worth it, imo.

dvds is cheap
hard disk is ex..more convenient though

I store 3 copies of all my photos. First on the PC harddisk. Second on external HD. Third on DVDs. I am paranoid because I almost lost all my photos last year when the PC crashed:)

I use an external HDD.. coz it's much more reliable than other methods, and my comp space isn't alot.. I have some of my jpeg photos in my comp and online too.. just in case...

I have 2-3 external HD... Get one Desktop type harddisk.. cheap and huge capacity to store everything.. then the notebook kind 2 pcs for portability and backups.. :lovegrin:

I store 3 copies of all my photos. First on the PC harddisk. Second on external HD. Third on DVDs. I am paranoid because I almost lost all my photos last year when the PC crashed:)
:thumbsup: but for most people, 2 copies in different formats is usually good enough :)

PC HDD and EXT HDD (back up)! :thumbsup:

i use the 3.5" hdds as my external hdds. store all my photos inside.

but those important ones i will store a spare copy in dvd just in case either fails..

thats for contingency.

well.. dvd do fail after a period of time if you do not take care of the dvds thou...

Or can burn 2-3 copies of your data on different, but reputable brands of DVD. Cheap and saves on valuable desktop space. :bsmilie:

For good quality DVD Media, you may want to check the following site

http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm

So far I have used and will strongly recommend Sony DVD+R and DVD-R. Partly also because they are easily available at Popular Bookshop

how much you brought your LANDRIVE for??

actually... i suggest is that... get a LANDRIVE... then set up FTP... nowadays singapore going to island wide internet... then get a software recovery tools... at least harddisk crash... the recovery tools does help.. that why I always do..

For good quality DVD Media, you may want to check the following site

http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm

So far I have used and will strongly recommend Sony DVD+R and DVD-R. Partly also because they are easily available at Popular Bookshop

have tried sony dvd rw but 2 has so far failed on me...

From my exp both HDD and DVDr can fail equally well.

My only stop gap is to store in both of the above, plus a copy of all the important ones in each of my laptops and desktops..

how much you brought your LANDRIVE for??

actually... i suggest is that... get a LANDRIVE... then set up FTP... nowadays singapore going to island wide internet... then get a software recovery tools... at least harddisk crash... the recovery tools does help.. that why I always do..
V-Gear LAN disk - $163 in 2005

Read this link

Status
Not open for further replies.