best location to shoot in singapore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benjamin Young III

Feb 24, 2009
hi everyone,

this is my first post and I'm a wedding photographer from the philippines... I will be flying in on the 2nd week of april from 8-12 to shoot an engagement session there in singapore. Since i'm not familiar in the area, I would really appreciate if anyone can help me pick spots, the more spots the better...

Im really looking for something different and I know singapore can really provide me places that I dont see here in the philippines. I have seen alot of different and wonderful images taken in singapore by great singapore wedding photographers there... would really appreciate the help... :) thanks and I've been browsing around the forum and see alot of great photographers... will post my images soon... :)

ben

what is your theme?

hi desertstrike,

I don't really have a theme, coz when I shoot, I just shoot what I see.. if there is good light and a nice background I start from there. I wanted something that has lots of tall trees, some seascapes, a nice sunset, and my client choose singapore for its huge colored buildings so I have to include that also at night, a yatch club and anything I cannot see here in the philippines... is it too much to ask? :) we are going to be there for 5 days and we will be shooting everyday ranging from casual attire down to a wedding clothes so lots of variety. That is why I wanted soo many locations to make our trip worth while.... :) thanks for your help..

My Suggestions are:

1) Changi Broad Walk (here you get find all the nature criterias your meted out.)
2) Singapore Botanical Garden (only trees and some landscape.)
3) Hort Park (nowadays they keep revamping the place....)

Just 3 i can think of now. Will update more when i remember more of them~

Last edited:
Personally, I like the walk-way along Singapore River at night. The water plus all the interesting buildings such as Esplanade, Fullerton Hotel etc.

check out the singapore tourism website. Find the places you like and then apply in advance for permits to shoot there just in case required.

Woah! Are you free to meet up at night for drinks and share your experiences? I am a fan of your works.

thanks to everyone that has replied and will check out the suggestions from images online... thanks again... :)

@m3lv1nh0
sure, maybe at night.. :) will let you know the full details of my trip... :)

guys need to know where this is? thanks

3133534106_ac08e04754.jpg

This is in bugis.

@liveevil and billycadiz,

thanks thanks.... :)

@billycadiz,

really? hehehehe... thanks

There are lots of very good pinoy photographers here.. i sure they are able to help :cool:

It's in Bugis behind the Macdonald that is towards the direction to Sim Lim Square.:)

Eh, just shot this place at another angle (was walking from Sim Lim Square towards Bugis Junction):

bugis.jpg

Ben, I like your works as well. Drop me a message if you need any help in Singapore ;)

Eh, just shot this place at another angle (was walking from Sim Lim Square towards Bugis Junction):

bugis.jpg

Ben, I like your works as well. Drop me a message if you need any help in Singapore ;)

HDR? Nice and good job!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.