Best lens for portraits (Nikon d300)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all

I am doing allot of portrait photography with studio lighting using a nikon d300 and a DX 18 - 200 mm lens. I al looking to purchase a second lens, with a higher f.stop around 50 mm - any recommendations ?

Thanks for your help.

Michael

not sure why your post is in this sub forum..

anyway, you can try 50mm f1.8

in studio, usually we don't use big aperture for shooting, however, large aperture lenses much easier for the eye in studio.

The Articles and Guides is Repository for articles and user guides on photography. not for asking question, and you thread should go to Nikon, since it is Nikon related question.

Anyway, I'm not sure what you exactly looking for?

if you are looking for buying used items in this forum, check out Buy/Sell: Nikon Equipment, or Buy/Sell: Photography Accessories

50mm f1.8 is more than sufficient. if you shoot at f5.6 or f8 it should be darn sharp. alternatively, you can play around with if a bigger aperture if you so desire.

You may want to try 85mm 1.8 or 1.4....is for portrait purpose. Good and cheap.

Hi all

I am doing allot of portrait photography with studio lighting using a nikon d300 and a DX 18 - 200 mm lens. I al looking to purchase a second lens, with a higher f.stop around 50 mm - any recommendations ?

Thanks for your help.

Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.