Best descriptions ever encountered for lenses!

Status
Not open for further replies.

szekiat

Jan 19, 2002
London
Visit site
"a special lens, soft when used wide open, for that dreamy vintage portrait look - $xxxx." ~a leica 50mm

remind me to say the same thing the next time i have a crap lens to sell.

Nice one. Next time I sell off my EF-S 18-55 lens I maybe use the same tagline oso. :bsmilie:

szekiat said:
"a special lens, soft when used wide open, for that dreamy vintage portrait look - $xxxx." ~a leica 50mm

remind me to say the same thing the next time i have a crap lens to sell.

I think you should add these comments as well....."hard when stopped down, for that creamy abstract look....." :sticktong

"the best lenses seldom give justice to the photographer... This lense will give you, THE PHOTOGRAPHER, all the credits you TOTALLY deserve"

Get it now... you derserve one... ;)

Are we still on the topic of that 50mm Leica lens? ;p

r32 said:
Are we still on the topic of that 50mm Leica lens? ;p

Yes, we're still refering to the Leica 50mm lens...... just highlighting a few more "useful" features of the lens. It is an "extremely versatile" lens. Hee hee :p

how about the radioactive "glow"? The early leica lenses had radioactive elements that gave the photosa supposed "glow", this is one of them...

i'm sure its a great lens, but some of the descriptions on ebay and the other forums is amazing..

szekiat said:
how about the radioactive "glow"? The early leica lenses had radioactive elements that gave the photosa supposed "glow", this is one of them...

Called lanthanium.

Also used in the highly acclaimed apo-lanthar lenses.

student said:
Called lanthanium.

Also used in the highly acclaimed apo-lanthar lenses.

It is also known as a rare glass element as LK9 first used in the famous 50mm Summicron.

Status
Not open for further replies.