Best Compact Digicam

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberkid

Apr 2, 2005
Hello guys..:)
I just drop by to ask what is the current best :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: compact camera in terms of colour reproduction, speed, sensitivity, and control.
And what is the most popular digicam now?
Please advice me as I am going to get one for myself soon.
Thanks. :D

vector1

Feb 3, 2007
Anyone thought about the GX100? It offers a 24mm wide angle lens, and reasonable manual controls.

I'm just waiting for the next update to be released, as I'm not in a hurry to get a compact.

buddy

May 19, 2003
Singapore, Central
Visit site
much as I like to support ricoh (i started on a ricoh kr-10), i think their compacts still CMI compared to the canons, nikons and panasonics in the world.

waileong

Deregistered
Feb 5, 2003
Visit site
Hello guys..:)
I just drop by to ask what is the current best :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: compact camera in terms of colour reproduction, speed, sensitivity, and control.
And what is the most popular digicam now?
Please advice me as I am going to get one for myself soon.
Thanks. :D
If there is such as a digicam which is an absolute best in every area, don't you think all the other makers would have to close shop already?

synapseman

May 6, 2003
State of Confusion
www.pbase.com
Best value for money (IMHO) = Canon Powershot A650IS.

Probably the most overlooked camera because it's quite ugly and bulky, not like the prettier IXUS series. Every time I recommend this camera to friends, confirm they will end up buying something else. The other often overlooked cam seems to be the Fujifilm F31d.

Wait for the upcoming Sigma DP-1. Looks interesting.

But just note, that all digi compacts aren't very fast or sharp lah. No matter how good, cannot compare with even a cheap DSLR. It's just the limitation of the design.

EDIT: Just heard of the upcoming Fujifilm F100Fd. Looks good on paper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom