Best Compact Camera for Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grub

May 25, 2004
Hi all, with all the sales that is going round, I would like to buy a compact camera that is good for filming movies with sound. I have one that has no sound, a Canon. (How pointless is that?) I would be using it mainly to film lectures. Some I will be filming my children and putting it on the web.

I saw my friend using an Exilim and it seemed pretty good. However, before I go out to get one, I wanted to check what some of your thoughts were on a compact camera like that.

Thank you!

SX1 IS, HD res, stereo mics plus the ability to ultilize its 20x zoom range.. the only thing better is a dedicated vid cam..

Most of the compact camera is able to take Movie with sound, one of the key features is important in my opinion is the ability to zoom in and out during video taking.

SX1 IS, HD res, stereo mics plus the ability to ultilize its 20x zoom range.. the only thing better is a dedicated vid cam..

Is the Canon SX1 IS released in Singapore?

should be, just not yet..

Hi all, with all the sales that is going round, I would like to buy a compact camera that is good for filming movies with sound. I have one that has no sound, a Canon. (How pointless is that?) I would be using it mainly to film lectures. Some I will be filming my children and putting it on the web.

I saw my friend using an Exilim and it seemed pretty good. However, before I go out to get one, I wanted to check what some of your thoughts were on a compact camera like that.

Thank you!

Is the Canon SX1 IS released in Singapore?

If you want something right now, go get the Canon S5IS. Stereo recording, full optical zoom during movie mode, dedicated movie record button.

Else wait for the SX1IS.

Thank you so much!

Thank you!

panasonic tz5?

well, the newest one on market will be SONY's cyber-shot T500

Well, I wanted a smallish camera that would fit into my purse so a camcorder would be hard to do so. I had a look at your recommendation and while I thank you for that, I wanted something a lot thinner.

How about Samsung NV24HD? I recommended this cam based on the following:

1. HD recording (1280 x 720) with audit at 30fps until memory full.
2. Small and light
3. Wide angle down to 24mm
4. 10M pixles
5. Can zoom in & out during video shoot.

Check out the spec here: http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/specs/Samsung/samsung_nv24hd.asp

Continue...

Dimention: 99 x 61 x 19 mm (3.9 x 2.4 x 0.7 in)
Weight: 195g with battery.

since you want something to fit into your purse, the canon Poweshot S5 IS it is a tad smaller to a dslr.

Canon SX1 IS should be the best choice looking at the specs

Status
Not open for further replies.