Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nemesis32

Oct 16, 2003
Singapore
Visit site
Hi Guys

Seen many posts about Melbourne, Australia and just wanted to know how you guys think about the various cities in Australia.

I will start the ball rolling by voting for Melbourne. ;)

Brisbane! Very nice place, not too busy, not too quiet, 45 mins drive to Gold Coast, 1.5 hours to Sunshine coast... and the best chicken rice in Australia... :D

I think the question is very vague. What do you mean by "best"? Best in what? Best city to live? Best city to do business? Best city for education? Gambling? Entertainment?

What are you asking for?

Ansel said:
I think the question is very vague. What do you mean by "best"? Best in what? Best city to live? Best city to do business? Best city for education? Gambling? Entertainment?

What are you asking for?

I reckon what he means is "Which is your favourite Australian city?"
;)

Hey what about Cairns? Nice relax place to live.

SnapSnap said:
Brisbane! Very nice place, not too busy, not too quiet, 45 mins drive to Gold Coast, 1.5 hours to Sunshine coast... and the best chicken rice in Australia... :D

Chicken rice? Hmmm Is it the malaysian restaurant at Sunny something? Went there once and it's not bad. :bsmilie:

Ansel said:

What are you asking for?

It's not vague. It's general. I would be impossible to list down all the possibilities and best in whatever etc.

I just want people to vote for what they think is the best city and why. That's all, pure and simple.

nemesis32 said:
Chicken rice? Hmmm Is it the malaysian restaurant at Sunny something? Went there once and it's not bad. :bsmilie:

Hmmm... did not know about that... I was talking about the one at Chinatown... nice chilli mixed with ginger... yummy... of course, Singapore got better chicken rice... ha ha ha :D

I think Singapore still has the best chicken rice. In Melbourne, only one restaurant can come close, but still lose to ordinary Singapore hawker ones. I asked the owner of the restaurant in Melbourne why not retain the redness in the bone marrow. She say "angmohs don't know how to eat wan lah!"... She's from Malaysia with a lot of Singapore influence on her accent.

SnapSnap said:
Hmmm... did not know about that... I was talking about the one at Chinatown... nice chilli mixed with ginger... yummy... of course, Singapore got better chicken rice... ha ha ha :D

Ya.. there is a nice restaurant is one of the neighbourhood somewhere between brisbane and gold coast. It is predominantly taiwanese i think.

Talking abt food, try to go for lunch at the seafood restaurant at Sanctuary Cove. It's 50% (not sure still have) and the portion is huge. I am a big eater and yet cannot finish. ;p

Clark75 said:
I think Singapore still has the best chicken rice. In Melbourne, only one restaurant can come close, but still lose to ordinary Singapore hawker ones. I asked the owner of the restaurant in Melbourne why not retain the redness in the bone marrow. She say "angmohs don't know how to eat wan lah!"... She's from Malaysia with a lot of Singapore influence on her accent.

Melbourne... nice nice Viet Beef Kway Teow. I think everyone famous goes there! You can see the pics of Jacky Chan etc there with the owner.

The dim sum is also very good.

nemesis32 said:
Melbourne... nice nice Viet Beef Kway Teow. I think everyone famous goes there! You can see the pics of Jacky Chan etc there with the owner.

The dim sum is also very good.
Viet Beef Kway Teow? Oohh you mean Mekong Restaurant? Yah man it's good! But it's loaded with MSG.

Yup Mekong Restaurant...

The Vietnamese food at Springvale is also very good. Dishes like Salty and Spicy Pork Chop with Broken Rice and Three Colour Drink makes me hungry!!! ;p

nemesis32 said:
Ya.. there is a nice restaurant is one of the neighbourhood somewhere between brisbane and gold coast. It is predominantly taiwanese i think.

Talking abt food, try to go for lunch at the seafood restaurant at Sanctuary Cove. It's 50% (not sure still have) and the portion is huge. I am a big eater and yet cannot finish. ;p

Sunnybanks, that is about 20km away from Brisbane city. I have sampled one restaurant's chicken rice in that area but it wasn't close to the genuine Singaporean-run Makan Place right in Brisbane's Southside. But for $7 a plate with $1.50 for a helping of extra rice, it sure is costly to have something remotely close to the chicken rice I am used to at home!

Anyone else in Brisbane though?

tasmaina. beautiful landscape. nice city at hobart, great market at salamanca and fantastic fish and chips at hobart

r32 said:
Sunnybanks, that is about 20km away from Brisbane city. I have sampled one restaurant's chicken rice in that area but it wasn't close to the genuine Singaporean-run Makan Place right in Brisbane's Southside. But for $7 a plate with $1.50 for a helping of extra rice, it sure is costly to have something remotely close to the chicken rice I am used to at home!

Anyone else in Brisbane though?

Yup.. Sunnybanks.. last time i was there was like 5 years back so not sure how's the standard now. In any case, of course cannot compare with Singapore's standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.