Best Char Kuay Tiao in S'pore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best I've eaten so far would be the one at the coffeeshop of Blk 61, Telok Blangah Heights. I used to live there with my grandma. Don't know if the store is still around though. Its been a very very long time since I've been there.

the L shape hawker center at Bukit Ho Swee(behind the primary school) and near CC also. Last time was the old man one(best), now his daughter took over(not so nice liao).

old airport rd market.... served on the gd old banana leave~~
slurpz~~~

Originally posted by hackie
old airport rd market.... served on the gd old banana leave~~
slurpz~~~

Yah...pretty good IMO. Anyway I stay near there!

However my favourite remain the one found in the FC near Parkway Parade. The dish is rather unusual; it's wet and has high garlic content! Not for Dracula-lovers and definitely not for those who dislike the sting of garlic!

Originally posted by AdamGoi

Yah...pretty good IMO. Anyway I stay near there!

However my favourite remain the one found in the FC near Parkway Parade. The dish is rather unusual; it's wet and has high garlic content! Not for Dracula-lovers and definitely not for those who dislike the sting of garlic!

yah i think the name is apollo...slurpzz!!

katongfried_small.jpg

Katong Fried Noodle
Blk 84 #01-138 Marine Parade Hawker Centre
This stall serves traditional fried prawn noodle and kway teow with less fats and oil without transforming its taste. It had been highly recommended by City Beat.
Business Hours :
9:00am - 8:00pm
Closed on Thursday
Prices : $2.50 upwards

http://eatshiokshiok.com/cgi/listing.cgi?area=mp84

The best one IMO is called Outram Fried Kway Teow at Fook Hai hawker Centre. Those working in Raffles Place and Chinatown area should know!!! :thumbsup:

Zion Rd ...opp great world city... generous with their cockles too... :gbounce:

Originally posted by inertia
Zion Rd ...opp great world city... generous with their cockles too... :gbounce:

Yeap yeap, this one i agree..
But I'm kinda weird, I like to eat char kuay teow, but i hate cockles (not because of the hep A thing..)

And i like orh jian without the orh (oysters)... weird huh? :D
Food for thought: What is orh jian without orh called? orh "flour"?? :D

Originally posted by SNAG

But I'm kinda weird, I like to eat char kuay teow, but i hate cockles (not because of the hep A thing..)

Haha...next time must call you out to eat. I take all your orh......you can have my flour:D :D

Gimme a plate of chicken rice w/o the chicken coz I like the rice! :D

Originally posted by Kit

Haha...next time must call you out to eat. I take all your orh......you can have my flour:D :D

Sure, I don't mind...
One thing that I hate doing the most is taking out the orh from the mess of orh jian....

It's either I pick all of them out before I start eating, or that I will just eat everything (I'm darn too lazy to pick them out), and wince once my teeth sinks into a "orh"....

Heheh.

PS: Is it possible to actually tell the person not to put orh into the orh jian? I wonder what will be his response...

Originally posted by Kit
The best I've eaten so far would be the one at the coffeeshop of Blk 61, Telok Blangah Heights. I used to live there with my grandma. Don't know if the store is still around though. Its been a very very long time since I've been there.

I stay at one of the nearby block and i know which one you mean. The hawker himself has moved out of the area and the stall doesn't exist in Telok Blangah anymore.

However, he was last seen @ Mt Merah Central, with a stall that faces a hair salon and fish shop... :)

And yes, he is still as good. ;)

the better ones are the old airport rd one served on banana leaves, the zion rd one is also quite famous for its traditional flavour. If u like the wet style, u can try the one Marine Parade Hawker Centre. There was another at Outram Park in this coffee shop below a block of flats opp SGH but its shifted liao.

Hm? Weird meh? I also always order my char kway teow w/o cockles... and when I do order orh jian, I always have it with somebody who'll take the orh while I take the egg/flour/starch...
So, erm, you're not alone :)

Oh, back to topic, the zion rd one seems pretty famous... there's one at Ghim Moh market that's always have a long queue, but I don't find it that great ... I prefer one at Dover Rd market...

..NuTs..

Agreed, the one at Dover Market, where the man will fry with a "dancing" sort of rythm..:bsmilie:

Zion Road Hawker Centre,
Old Airport Road Hawker Centre,
and the latest I tried - the one at the coffee shop opposite the Asian Civilisation Museum at Armenian Street.

Regards
CK

Status
Not open for further replies.