Best carbon fibre tripod under 400?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vulpix0r

Oct 2, 2002
West
I intend to blow my money on a nice CF tripod after my old cheapass CF tripod broke. Anyone got recommendations?

400 still considered cheapo? Man, I better forget about getting a good CF tripod... How is the Velbon Carmage series?

No other opinions?

Someone once told me that "good things don't come cheap and cheap things hardly come good"... take your chance with the cheapo ones if you are ok with constant changing. I would rather pay the same amount to get a non-CF tripod from a reputable company than to spend on a CF model which might not be as reliable.

i tot Slik fine, no? :dunno:

the velbons are very decent for what they cost. I dunno if the price has gone up, but i got my manfrotto 055 mf3 at about 400 bucks a year ago. I use it regularly, and put alot of heavy stuff on it that u don't wanna ask.

Vulpix0r said:
I intend to blow my money on a nice CF tripod after my old cheapass CF tripod broke. Anyone got recommendations?

whats the cheapass CF tripod u own b4 ?? think i better avoid this brand.

anyway i was checking on some Manfrottos and the 190MF is selling at around $350. Quite nice actually, but a little short for me.

i load mine up with a sigma 300-800mm and either a 20d or a 1dmk2 most of the time. Together with the weight of my gimbal head and flash, thats over 10kg worth of stuff on it and well overloading and its still as steady as ever. Does that fit your requirements?

That Manfrotto MF3 totally fits my requirement and budget. I will be getting that thanks to you.

PS. That lousy CF tripod is Akarui, broke for no reason, didn't even drop it, while carrying it, part of it shot out of the tripod...

consider Benro, quite good ! :thumbsup:

koerner said:
consider Benro, quite good ! :thumbsup:

I just bought their version of the Manfrotto 682B monopod today. Not too bad quality. Machining work is not as fine as the throughbreds, but it works well. Not too sure about longevity though... hope it lasts...

espn said:
Gitzo 1257 :thumbsup:

How much is a 1257? Seriously under $400?? :dunno:

Benro CF tripod. same design as Gitzo. but most of their models are under S$400, can support up to a body+flash+bigma(50-500mm) setup. but for setup of 400mm f2.8 and above, the CF tripod would be around S$500. For macro CF tripod is around S$480-490. Benro is value for $$$...

Jack006 said:
Benro CF tripod. same design as Gitzo. but most of their models are under S$400, can support up to a body+flash+bigma(50-500mm) setup. but for setup of 400mm f2.8 and above, the CF tripod would be around S$500. For macro CF tripod is around S$480-490. Benro is value for $$$...

I think Eastgear currently has stock for Velbon 630s that are supposedly quite good too. $480 if I'm not mistaken

Moi said:
I think Eastgear currently has stock for Velbon 630s that are supposedly quite good too. $480 if I'm not mistaken

look at the spects of Velbon 630s, and 640s; its similar to M227 and M228. but the prices for them are much higher. So terms of value for $$, Benro should be better?

http://www.velbon-tripod.com/sherpa_pro01.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.