Best camera of the year here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jane99

wats the best camera u guys tink..share your views pls :)

Is this a trick question to see who really thinks theres such a thing as 'best camera'?

Yes, it's called the Fujifilm Disposable camera, although the Kodak MAX disposable with Ektanar lens is a strong candinate, with a better build quality (fine plastic instead of cheap cardboard), the better film from Fuji Superia X-Tra 400 gives it the advantage over MAX 400 film (which we don't really consider it as film, anyway).

The best camera is the one you can afford.

There's always pros and there's always cons for any camera.

It's like asking whose gf/wife or bf/hubby is the best.....

:confused:

Phenix 888. Full manual, semi-mechanical interchangeable lens SLR with K-mount lens mount, 50mm Phenix lens for only S$157. Unbeatable. Even your average consumer P&S costs more. And what's more, Pentax K-mount lenses are dirt cheap. :)

Regards
CK

The best camera is the one you can afford.

I have an opposite thinking...

The best camera for me is always the one that I can't afford...the one that is on the shelve...the one that I always dream of...the one that is on others' hand...and the one that I am looking to buy in future...;)

Originally posted by Kho King

I have an opposite thinking...

The best camera for me is always the one that I can't afford...the one that is on the shelve...the one that I always dream of...the one that is on others' hand...and the one that I am looking to buy in future...;)

Best camera?

It is the one that you are currently using, not the one that you are dreaming of, else why would you want to buy it in the first place?

Originally posted by Goondu

Best camera?

It is the one that you are currently using, not the one that you are dreaming of, else why would you want to buy it in the first place?

You are richer than me. When I bought my F60D, I know the best is the F5 or F100...but still I can't afford it. I wouldn't lie to myself by telling myself that F60 is the best...else I wouldn't have sold it off now...and upgrade to another 2nd best model...The best camera is still not with me yet...

You are richer than me. When I bought my F60D, I know the best is the F5 or F100...but still I can't afford it. I wouldn't lie to myself by telling myself that F60 is the best...else I wouldn't have sold it off now...and upgrade to another 2nd best model...The best camera is still not with me yet...

The truth is, you don't need the "best camera" to take the "best pictures". So, don't think too much about it, it only causes you more agony. ;p

Regards
CK

An F60 in the hand if worth two F5s in the shop. What good is the best camera in the world, even two, if you can't take any pictures with it at all.

Or, for that matter, what good is great resale value if you don't own it because it's sitting in the shop?

Like I said, the best camera is the one that you are having, be it a Nikon, Canon, or a disposable camera for that matter because it will capture the moment that you always wanted. :)

i tot the best camera is .................

.................... your own camera :D

Best camera is your brain and your eyes :p

In my view, there is no such thing as the best camera:

1. If we limit the comparison to simply comparing technical specifications, the "Even Better" camera will be announced the moment you bought what you think is the best. As photography becomes digital, Moores law starts to apply (at least in terms of number of megapixels as well as faster and larger storage media), and you find yourself very much in the same situation as computer buyers.

2. Every photograher has his own style and preferences, so you will never be able to get everyone to agree on which is the best camera. An absolute newbie can probably take a better picture if given a disposable camera than if given a Nikon F5. He will most probably have a better experience with the disposable camera. So to him, the disposable camera is better than a Nikon F5.

3. Then is the best camera really your own camera? I don't think so. Otherwise there will not be so much attention to the latest camera models. By the time you have balanced you money and time investment and bought the camera that meets MOST of you needs (including budget constraints), there will still be the camera that you will always dream for that you did not buy because of budget constraints. Yes, you can be taking wonderful pictures with your current camera and feel very happy about it, but will you seriously think that that is the best camera?

Originally posted by jane99
wats the best camera u guys tink..share your views pls :)

As you can see, nobody has given you a definitely answer(or at least what you wanted to find out).

Quit wasting your time pondering over this irrelevant thoughts and go shoot some pictures.

You're different. To me, your sole desire in photography is to quench your thirst for the latest and greatest. Therefore, the best camera for you will never come. After the F5, there's bound to be something else. A best camera would be one that holds its resale value well enough for you to profit from it, not to use it diligently. Period.

Well All, & Greetings to Seniors,

I think, the best camera, is the one your hands feel comfortable & intuitive with, and which fits your budget, and which also - your soul can work together with in harmony.

And ultimately, one which always yield the results you tweaked the camera for each shot.

Note, I mentioned no brands.....

Regards,

CJ

Status
Not open for further replies.