Best areas for Macro in Singapore Notanical Gardens?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caomhin

Hello CSers,
Would any of you advise on the best spots fo macro in the SBG?
The garden is relatively large so I would like to try to maximise my time at he correct locations...

Thanks in advance...

Caomhin said:
Hello CSers,
Would any of you advise on the best spots fo macro in the SBG?
The garden is relatively large so I would like to try to maximise my time at he correct locations...

Thanks in advance...
You can shoot macro almost anywhere in Singapore. Normal looking things can look very different when put in a macro perspective.

Eco garden, last time I met a few dragonflies who are very photographer friendly.

dragonflies are normally quite photographer friendly.. to me at least ;p

Wahaha.. eco garden... very the far from the normal entrance/exit.

espn said:
Wahaha.. eco garden... very the far from the normal entrance/exit.
yeah, and the walking the distance can shrewd some fat. ;p

For Singapore, it really isn't about where. It's about slowing down and moving slowly and keeping a sharp eye. Also, choose your timing carefully, mornings and evenings are great times. You'll be suprised at what you can find simply at your neighbourhood even. Looks for thick bushes and shrubs, those are the best places.

lsisaxon said:
You can shoot macro almost anywhere in Singapore. Normal looking things can look very different when put in a macro perspective.

But... are these the CORRECT locations? What use is taking photos that look great but are from the WRONG location? What if gahmen fines you? What if my photo wins a prize and later it is revealed that it was taken from an INCORRECT spot? :eek:

I think gahmen should put up little signs to mark the correct spots. Otherwise, how will we find the correct spots and be creative if noone tells us how?

LittleWolf said:
But... are these the CORRECT locations? What use is taking photos that look great but are from the WRONG location? What if gahmen fines you? What if my photo wins a prize and later it is revealed that it was taken from an INCORRECT spot?

I think gahmen should put up little signs to mark the correct spots. Otherwise, how will we find the correct spots and be creative if noone tells us how?
Is there a correct location? I wasn't aware about it, so I must have been shooting at the wrong location all the time.. :(

This one is shot outside China Square.
flower001.jpg

This one is shot in Tampines in the midst of flats.
flower002.jpg

This one is shot in International Business Park.
fly001.jpg

All wrong location.. not even in SBG. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.