Best aperture for group shot

Status
Not open for further replies.

pawpaw23

Sep 10, 2009
Singapore
What is the best aperture for group shot of more than 12 persons? Then they will be standing two locations, one under the sun, around 1pm. and the other one same time, but in shade. thanks...

If u line them up in one straight line all facing you, a f2 would do.
If they are cluster togethre in a group, a f5-8 might work.

Really depends on how you want to arrange them.

Hi Legoz, thanks for the reply. They will be positioned like a typical class picture.:)

f8 to f11, use tripod even the shutter is not very low,

1pm under the sun is not idea, is hot, your subject will perspire within 5mins, you need to work very fast, you may get sun light casting on nose tip, deep shadow on eye socket, need to use fill flash.

Thanks to evryone. Yeah I am thinking of using a direct fill flash using my sb-600 with diffuser to balance the photo under the sun. I will try to remove the shadow caused by the sun lighting through flash.. Correct need to work fast, too hot, they will perspire.:)

depends how powerful your flash is.....in which case even f/22 is possible.

Thanks to evryone. Yeah I am thinking of using a direct fill flash using my sb-600 with diffuser to balance the photo under the sun. I will try to remove the shadow caused by the sun lighting through flash.. Correct need to work fast, too hot, they will perspire.:)

If you are already under strong sunlight, then there is no need to use the diffuser.
Just fire the flash to fill in.

Still advisable to use diffuser to widen the spread of the flash

A-Dep mode.... ;p

Thanks to everyone, i'll be shooting 3 sets tomorrow, although this is not an official company photograph, i find it a good practice also..

btw, my flash is sb600, do i still need a diffuser?:)

Status
Not open for further replies.