Best 3rd party telephoto lenses under $1k

Status
Not open for further replies.

adrianongs

Mar 10, 2008
Pasir Ris
Which is the most worth to buy telephoto lens under $1k?

Sigma 70-200 F2.8 HSM :thumbsup:

but whether is it worth ur $, it's very subjective to individual.

Last edited:
For telephotos (you did not say 'zoom'), the BEST in terms of solid build and IQ I can think of would easily be any of the older Manual lenses from brands like Nikon, Takumar (Pentax), Olympus Zuikos and or course, Carl Zeiss C/Y. No need to get 3rd party when you can get these, many of which can match or even beat some of today's best teles. The best part is, most of the lenses are relative cheap, and for 1K, you might be able to get 2 or 3 lenses, depending on how hard and smart you shop.

If it's a tele-zoom you want, still no need to get 3rd party. The CANON EF 70-200 L f/4 2nd hand is probably around $750 now after all the price drops.

Last edited:
For telephotos (you did not say 'zoom'), the BEST in terms of solid build and IQ I can think of would easily be any of the older Manual lenses from brands like Nikon, Takumar (Pentax), Olympus Zuikos and or course, Carl Zeiss C/Y. No need to get 3rd party when you can get these, many of which can match or even beat some of today's best teles. The best part is, most of the lenses are relative cheap, and for 1K, you might be able to get 2 or 3 lenses, depending on how hard and smart you shop.

If it's a tele-zoom you want, still no need to get 3rd party. The CANON EF 70-200 L f/4 2nd hand is probably around $750 now after all the price drops.

:thumbsup: One of the most helpful reply I come across... at least no answer like google this or yahoo that...

Status
Not open for further replies.