Besides Creative Zen Vision and Creative Zen Vision W

Status
Not open for further replies.

slooow

Feb 12, 2006
looking for some products similiar and as reliable as Creative Zen vision [w]

wanna use as mp3 play and can show video

and most importantly, can back up CF cards when i need to

Besides Creative Zen Vision and Creative Zen Vision W, still got what other products huh?

thanks

I am waiting for Epson P3000/5000 and Canon M30

think u can check cnet.com on their reviews on creative Zen products. so far, wat i've read is dat they get top marks for screen clarity, but low marks for user-friendly interface/software.

epson's PMP is designed for viewing photos. overseas reviewers pointed out dat it takes a bit of IT skills to record and play videos and music from it tho...

personally, i am waiting for the vosonic 8690 (upgrade from 8630). saw the empty box at EG liao. i asked, and supposedly it will be out some time in nov. wait till dec for the last PC fair of the year, and see if there are any good deals? :)

is it out?

how much ?

why better than creative?

and

[thanks to the two whom replied]
:)

epson screen win all other brands currently available hands down... if viewing picture is your objective... i have a P2000, the screen is running at 640x480 as compared to others at 320x240.

but den again, it only do MP4 playback and not really good for MP3... maybe a P3000 out later of this month would be good... have DIVX.

what device are these called huh?

portable storage cum multimedia player?

btw Epson P-5000 is Coooooooooooooooool

;p my tongue coming out liao:)

Cowon A2 is another good choice if you dont mind Korean brands.
Check the review in CNET. It gets better score than creative.
It has a USB host feature so you can input the cameras data right into it.

Archos has a bunch of those if you want bigger capacities.
Their generation 4 devices, the Archos 504 can go up to 130GB!
Has good screens, the highest score in CNET of all PMPs because of the excellent screen color and user interface.
The only bad thing is the "optional" addons you have to get, like the travel adapter, docking station, etc. Again no CF slot, but you can input data thru the USB (requires adapter).
Try also their AV700 it has a 7 inch screen and does not require any adapter to perform the USB Host feature.

VAIO U can also be the mobile photog's best friend.
It has touch screen, and runs windows XP so not only can you store and view photos on the go, you can do all your photoshop and raw conversions on the move. Size is slightly bigger than those PMPs and of course price is about 4X. Has CF slot, and USB slot, of course memory stick too.

Not too happy with my Zen Vision. Wait till you try reviewing photos (JPGs only, it can't read RAW files) on it -- it hangs royally each time!

okie

so now there is

epson-p5000

and Vosonic 8360 and 8390 looks good

[Cowon A2 does not sound good when i read about it - correct me if i am wrong]

all users please complain about the cons!!! hehehe

will buy it soon:)

In my opinion, if you can afford it...get the Epson P-5000. If you are on budget, get the Vosonic :)

You will not go wrong with the Epson. The screen of the P-2000, P-4000 and P-4500 are simply stunning, and the P-5000 is supposed to be better and larger! Will be available early Nov. Pre-order now at www.ShaShinKi.com

In my opinion, if you can afford it...get the Epson P-5000. If you are on budget, get the Vosonic :)

You will not go wrong with the Epson. The screen of the P-2000, P-4000 and P-4500 are simply stunning, and the P-5000 is supposed to be better and larger! Will be available early Nov. Pre-order now at www.ShaShinKi.com

okie, so i take it that epson p-series the TOP OF THE CLASS and TOP OF THE RANGE amongst everyone in the market?:)

thought P3000 & P5000 is the same 4" 4 color screen, Adobe RGB, except 1 is 40g 1 80g...

got upgrade option from P2000 to P3000? ;p

:sweat: which one got best features than?
these are known as pmp or pvp or psd or what huh?
find it rather troublesome to compare one by one

got any website let me compare side by side like what dpreview does?

thanks DCA :)
screen yes, features no...

How come there is no mention for canon M30/M80 ?

screen yes, features no...

what features you want in Epson P-5000?

It can play dvi, movie, MP3, download photos from CF/SD, connect to TV...etc. IMO, it is a very good entertainment device... :)

Of course if you want a product that can do extra thingy like radio, internet...then Epson P-5000 is not for you... ;p

Epson P-3000 and P-5000 are same specs except the HDD size. One is 40GB and one is 80GB.

Canon M30 and M80 not yet out...so no comment. Not so confident with first generation product...

Status
Not open for further replies.