Benro Vs PPCP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Benro tripods also come with a nice ballistic nylon padded case, very rugged. They also come with a one year local warrenty if I'm not wrong.

Samuel

Benro Carbon Series, ...... though more expensive, but nothing beats it on lightness & stability and price :)

That is quite bad isn't it? Stetige (steady) is actually not steady at all???? Well I guess you get what you pay for. When I look at Stetige tripod, it just looks like a cheap copy of a basic manfrotto column rapid tripod. Maybe if you are using a small DSLR with a 50mm or maybe a 85mm lens, it might work. Just think for a bit, they are able to cut cost and sell you a tripod with a head at a very cheap price and still makes money? Think ikea!

That is quite bad isn't it? Stetige (steady) is actually not steady at all???? Well I guess you get what you pay for. When I look at Stetige tripod, it just looks like a cheap copy of a basic manfrotto column rapid tripod. Maybe if you are using a small DSLR with a 50mm or maybe a 85mm lens, it might work. Just think for a bit, they are able to cut cost and sell you a tripod with a head at a very cheap price and still makes money? Think ikea!
I believe the PPCP V1/2 tripod which most are talking about is a completely different tripod from the Stetige...

I believe the PPCP V1/2 tripod which most are talking about is a completely different tripod from the Stetige...

Oh~ icic but I though TS mentioned the $99 PPCP Stetige on his first post?

Oh~ icic but I though TS mentioned the $99 PPCP Stetige on his first post?

Yup i was talking about the new stetige.

i went down to ms to try out the different tripod. they didnt have slik 330 so only tried out Stetige and Benro A057. (a157 is $180 and out of my budget for now)

Bought the benro one for $110. Service by the uncle is excellent! He is very patient and even give me a discount over the original $120. My 3 cents worth on the 2 tripods:-

on 1st look, stetige looks bulkier and hence more solid. It weighs heavier than the benro A057. The legs are thicker than benro and hence it looks more durable.

the reasons why i chose benro over stetige are as follows:-

even though the benro legs are thinner, they are more solid. Try knocking on the bottom section of the legs and you can feel that the benro one is solid whereas the stetige feels hollow-ish.

secondly, the head of the benro looks more refined and demonstrated a higher worksmanship as compared to stetige. Also, theres an additional water level on the benro head but not on the ppcp one.

thirdly, it is less bulky and feels lighter.

in all fairness the stetige isn't without its strength. it definately looks stronger and feels more stable due to its thicker legs and heavier mass. And its much economical too! $90 (NUS price) vs. $110 (benro)

Yup so thanks for all the help and advice, especially samuel. You bros have been of a great help! im now a happy benro owner =)

buy benro,if don't like can exchange with me..I'm using PPCP

hi guys, would like to take this chance to get some feedback too.

i will be travelling to cameron highlands with my friends next week, thus i am looking to buy a travel tripod as well.

went down to CP last week, enquired about Benro tripod, and the man's reply was, "Benro made in China, we don't have that." then he proceeded to show me a manfrotto tripod which is going for $175 "after discount". asked if there is a cheaper option, and he showed me this another tripod which is going for $90. but the latter doesn't come with the ballhead and when compared side by side with the manfrotto really cannot make it la. i would have gotten the $175 manfrotto, but i reckon its too heavy. haven tried out that many tripods before so decided to just get my lowerpro bag first.

my set up is as follow,

Nikon N80 with grip
Heaviest lens is Tamron 28-200
but most of the time i think i have my 50mm on.

plan to check out MS colour soon. anyway, to sidetrack abit, anyone got any tips on the way CP does its "discount". the tag price is always so much higher. then they will punch on their calculator and give you another price, is this price they quote nego?

will check out MS colour soon.

Yup went to look at the benro a-057 & stetige. felt stetige was as mentioned bulkier. But in the end i bought A-158 instead at $170. Only thing bout benro is the leg release...heheh screw type so not as quick to set up but it is sure sturdy plus comes with a solid bag! Wouls advise u get a tripod strap as that is what i am intending to do for my travels.

Tried PPCP, Benro and manfrotto 190xprob tripod. For value for money, its benro for the stability and well padded bag. But for addition function its manfrotto. As for tripod head, arcatech, manfrotto or gitzo. For benro, it does not lock even after fully tighten.That is my 2cents.

hi guys, would like to take this chance to get some feedback too.

i will be travelling to cameron highlands with my friends next week, thus i am looking to buy a travel tripod as well.

went down to CP last week, enquired about Benro tripod, and the man's reply was, "Benro made in China, we don't have that." then he proceeded to show me a manfrotto tripod which is going for $175 "after discount". asked if there is a cheaper option, and he showed me this another tripod which is going for $90. but the latter doesn't come with the ballhead and when compared side by side with the manfrotto really cannot make it la. i would have gotten the $175 manfrotto, but i reckon its too heavy. haven tried out that many tripods before so decided to just get my lowerpro bag first.

my set up is as follow,

Nikon N80 with grip
Heaviest lens is Tamron 28-200
but most of the time i think i have my 50mm on.

plan to check out MS colour soon. anyway, to sidetrack abit, anyone got any tips on the way CP does its "discount". the tag price is always so much higher. then they will punch on their calculator and give you another price, is this price they quote nego?

will check out MS colour soon.

I got the same reply when I went to Cathay. No doubt Manfrotto and Gitzo are great, but I don't have money to throw, so I bought benro. The A-057 might be a little too small for your setup, best to get a A-157 with a BH-0 head from MS colour, and for $150+ for the set!

Samuel

One of the best advice when it comes to buying tripods is buy the best you see yourself afforded in the near future. if you can't afford it now, wait till the near future. Lots of peopl spend a hundred bucks thinking they dont need that thousand dollar tripod.. then they sell it at a loss for a two hundred dollar one when they realise the shortcomings of the cheap tripod, then they upgrade that.. and in the end they find themselves in the range they were avoiding, 700-1000. Cheap and good doesn't exist. Cheap and okay maybe, but you get what you pay for and it improves somewhat more linearly than with other equipment. I bought a Slik 340DX intending it to suffice till I can afford a Gitzo 6X + Markins M-10 or 20. I'd suggest something in that range first, but don't go cheap otherwise it's just pointless. Benro is fine for now. Don't make the mistake I did and get a cheap chinese ballhead though. If you want to go thrifty, at least get a 486 from Manfrotto.

Sorry, OT a little...

Can anyone give any opinion on Velbon tripods? Their CF range comparable in price to the Benro ones.. Any comparison?

bought benro 057 today. short review here.

To me, benro is slgihtly better than ppcp. ppcp kinda wobbles abit when full extended whereas benro 057 does not.

slightly more expensive ($120 vs $99) but i think its worth the money. :)

get 055prob or 190prob (lighter) if u can tahan the weight, these sub 200 dollar legs are really worth the money. big, stable, quite tall when fully extended, and u can also use the center column like a horizontal boom unlike your tripods u all mentioned here. that feature is very useful for shooting in very low and weird angles.

i use a benro a158 with bh-0. i do notice the legs actually flex quite noticeablely when i extend out all sections of the legs and spread it low on the ground (eg 20-30cm above ground). this is probably a problem with their cheaper 4 section legs :dunno: the bh-0 head if u hiam, its actually quite and hard to lock into position, the ball head always sag down when u try to lock it. good thing is that its very compact (4section), twist lock for legs locks quite well, lightweight and it comes in a durable padded bag for tripod.

i suppose if u buy a manfrotto they dont give u a bag.

I got myself the fouth tripod -Benro Travel Angel...c268 m8, very light weight and compact...the construction is very simple ....but carbon friber don't come cheap ...

I choice is either Benro or Giztos... throught many people don't like Benro .. it's a lot of ease carry small and sturdy tripod..You pay for a premium...used to believe cheap and can do will do ...but after so many frustrations with tripod weight and handling adjusment ...ended up going for the premium one..

Better to think long term, when using for tripod ..

Tripod you really have to brting it out... on field to use it natural, will then you discover .. what could have been better ..

My issue with Benro travel angel tripod is the twist lock doesn't has a indication sound when the tripod and tighten or loosen..e.g click sound... it is just collet tightening system

My issue with Benro travel angel tripod is the twist lock doesn't has a indication sound when the tripod and tighten or loosen..e.g click sound... it is just collet tightening system

lol yea, the first few days i bought my benro with twist lock i kept wondering why it didn't tighten cuz i kept turning at the wrong direction :bsmilie:

true. manfrotto is very good. i have a 055 at home. Heavy but sturdy. hands down.
just that i needed something lighter to bring overseas.

manfrotto does not come with ball head and bag.

indeed benro's head isnt that good. but heck, i can use my manfrotto's head with benro tripod. so i guess that will solve the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.