Benro Tripod Serving Center

diver-hloc

Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Somewhere North
Was shooting the Super Moon tonight and discover one of the leg section of my Benro tripod can't be collapse after I open it up... tried to do some repair back home.... but somehow just got that section struck....

When Google to search for a Benro serving centre in SG.... turn out there isn't one according to Benro website... got the tripod long ago from 'Jack'... not sure is he still selling it out of Peninsula (or that building across the road)...

Does anyone knows of a shop that repairs tripod legs section (twisty type)... or is there a Benro servicing center somewhere in SG....

Thxs for any info... :)

One of the plastic shims May have come adrift. These shims stop the legs rotating when you are tightening the leg locks and they reduce play between the narrower and wider leg sections.
Just unscrew the relevant leg locks fully all the bits will come out and you can then re-assemble them correctly.
These are usually plastic shims that key into the top of each leg section. One or more got out of place.
Look for these parts then it should be fairly clear where these shims need to be located
Good Luck

One of the plastic shims May have come adrift. These shims stop the legs rotating when you are tightening the leg locks and they reduce play between the narrower and wider leg sections.
Just unscrew the relevant leg locks fully all the bits will come out and you can then re-assemble them correctly.
These are usually plastic shims that key into the top of each leg section. One or more got out of place.
Look for these parts then it should be fairly clear where these shims need to be located
Good Luck

Thxs... tried that already... those plastic bits seems to be in bad condition and doesn't sit into the position... have to wait till tomorr after work to try fixing it again....

Just an update....

Thxs to ClubSNAPer - shierwin - suggestion... and the help of a headlamp... I managed to take out the 4 pieces of plastic sleeves... and reassemble the plastic in the correct setting (using another leg as an example)... and had that damaged section repaired... no more field repair at night without lights for me... LOL

But found that whatever Benro used as lubricant between the sections is now just plain sticky... does anyone add abit of oil/grease/lubrication between the legs section ?? And what brand/type of oild/grease/lubrication is good for the task ??

Thxs

Clean and Dry the parts and apply some graphite powder... nice and smooth :)