Benro Tripod for Nikon D700

Status
Not open for further replies.

wisann

Apr 19, 2008
Hi, I am eyeing this model from Benro for my Nikon D700

http://www.benrousa.com/products_details_C0190T#specs

Is the specs good enough? I'll be using my D700 with 35mm or 85mm. No heavy-duty lens yet, and I don't forsee myself getting a huge lens in near future either.

Is there any other type/model/brand recommended?

Cheers.

Do a search for "tripod". We have about 200 threads discussing recommended tripods.

Hi, I am eyeing this model from Benro for my Nikon D700

http://www.benrousa.com/products_details_C0190T#specs

Is the specs good enough? I'll be using my D700 with 35mm or 85mm. No heavy-duty lens yet, and I don't forsee myself getting a huge lens in near future either.

Is there any other type/model/brand recommended?

Cheers.

Though it will most likely not collapse under the weight, I do think it's not sufficient for D700 if you're trying to take any long exposures. But if for travel use and if you are intending to use it to take self-portraits, should be ok i guess.
Bring your gear down to Benphoto (Peninsula Shopping Centre) and test it out :)

Do a search for "tripod". We have about 200 threads discussing recommended tripods.

Yupe, I did that. But I found that the existing thread isn't as specific as I want it to be hence created this new thread :)

Though it will most likely not collapse under the weight, I do think it's not sufficient for D700 if you're trying to take any long exposures. But if for travel use and if you are intending to use it to take self-portraits, should be ok i guess.
Bring your gear down to Benphoto (Peninsula Shopping Centre) and test it out :)

Yupe, I am not into long exposure thingy. More into portraiture photography. And I am only using the tripod for travelling and sometime during photoshoot where I need to take exposure at 1/10s. Hence looking for a small, light tripod yet sufficient for my gears.

Will test it out at BenPhoto later, but before I do that, any other model with similar specs that I can look at?

Yupe, I am not into long exposure thingy. More into portraiture photography. And I am only using the tripod for travelling and sometime during photoshoot where I need to take exposure at 1/10s. Hence looking for a small, light tripod yet sufficient for my gears.

Will test it out at BenPhoto later, but before I do that, any other model with similar specs that I can look at?

I'm not up to date with all the models, since I pretty much set out to buy one and then not have to think about it for a number of years at least :)

I would feel a bit nervous if I had a heavy set-up being supported by a skinny tripod though :)
Just like a big continental car on skinny tyres. Though it might still be able to get you from A to B, you always have that nagging fear about losing grip or something...

I'm not up to date with all the models, since I pretty much set out to buy one and then not have to think about it for a number of years at least :)

I would feel a bit nervous if I had a heavy set-up being supported by a skinny tripod though :)
Just like a big continental car on skinny tyres. Though it might still be able to get you from A to B, you always have that nagging fear about losing grip or something...

I am concerned about that too, but no choice, I can't lug around a heavy tripod while travelling haha..

Last time I did that, I left the tripod in the hotel room ^^;

Status
Not open for further replies.