Benro, reliable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin Ywain

Dec 25, 2007
CCK
Hi guys, I'm interested in buying my 1st tripod for my 400D mostly for landscape shots. Cause' I'm a student on budget, I can't really splurge on a manfrotto and the alternative seems to be benro. I've heard bad things about the brand's interior quality, especially of its ball head though.

Can anyone advise me on which stuff from benro is reliable, which is not? Weight not much issue... preferably 1.5m at least.
I looking at Benro Tripod A158 :D
I don't mind pan heads if they're more reliable :)
Thanks!

Hi guys, I'm interested in buying my 1st tripod for my 400D mostly for landscape shots. Cause' I'm a student on budget, I can't really splurge on a manfrotto and the alternative seems to be benro. I've heard bad things about the brand's interior quality, especially of its ball head though.

Can anyone advise me on which stuff from benro is reliable, which is not? Weight not much issue... preferably 1.5m at least.
I looking at Benro Tripod A158 :D
I don't mind pan heads if they're more reliable :)
Thanks!

u shd do a search on benro... I think there is a few post and discussion on this issue.

having used the manfrotto 190 and 055, i find them bullet proof and worth every cent (and they are not expensive in the first place), more so since i bought them 2nd hand.

no experience w the benro though.

I had no issues with my old Benro tripod, and for the low price and light weight was a good enough tripod before I upgraded to a 190CXPRO3.

That said, do keep in mind these things before you decide on a tripod:

- Maximum load of your equipment (heaviest lens + DSLR + accessory)

- Maximum load you're willing to carry around with. Weight may be an issue if you intend to cart it around on a hike.

- Your height and how much tolerance you have for stooping a little if need be. You've remarked on this in your post, but bear in mind this minimum height should be obtained without extending the centre column ideally.

There're also of course matters of stability, dampening etc. Either way, there's a lot of reading to do.:)

Last edited:
I am also looking for a good tripod and have been leaning towards Manfrotto 055MF3 and 460MG. I've read about the Benro but just concerned about China Made products. Nothing against them but their quality check???

Is my choice ok to go with my 40D? I might go more into macro photography.

Just called up CP and was told that 055MF3 no longer in production as new model coming soon. Is it true? If that's the case, might go for 190CXProd3 then. Anyone knows where cheaper?

If you're referring to the 190CXPRO3, I bought it at $420 at TK last week.

save and buy a good tripod, it will last you a lifetime if you don't abuse it

So, we should give benro a miss and get a better one? Which brand/model is better suited for a 1.8m photographer? Many thanx.

So, we should give benro a miss and get a better one? Which brand/model is better suited for a 1.8m photographer? Many thanx.

I have a Benro KS-1 head and A-157 legs. Both have worked admirably for me at a low cost. If you're a student, it's even better as a Benro gives you 3/4 of the quality for 1/4 of the cost. I have used a 40D with a long lens and a Medium format camera on it and experienced minimal shake.

Samuel

i am not a tripod expert. I have several cheapo ones and 1 benro.

I use a cheapo ones because, a tripod is a tripod. So far, the benro one serves me well when i mount my heavy camera on it. Its medium size.

However, just to let you know, the machining of the tripod and its nuts were not very refine. One metal part while has not be filed down (technical term), sliced my skin on my fingers apart. Took a while to heal.

Apart from that little incident, everything is alright.

However i have got friends that dispose their benro for other upgrades.

In conclusion, i think a benro is good for low/ light/ medium usage.

as they always say 3 factors

price
weight
stability

choose 2

benroe is def price n stability. i've been using i think A157 or A158 i forgot. i'm like 177 with no problems in terms of the height. for the budget thats wad u get: a tank to carry around

I brought a Benro A550E during their promo period, actually I am very impress with the tripod. Well build for the price the charging.I recommend it if you're on budget like me.But don't expect any service for the guy mending the shop...he will let you wait until he finish his task, what ever that is.

If you're referring to the 190CXPRO3, I bought it at $420 at TK last week.

What would be the biggest difference between the 055MF3 and the 190CXPro3?

I keep getting conflicting answers as to the different model. One shop says 055MF3 no longer in production, another quoted me a 190MF3 price? WTH initially not confuse also become confused?

if i am not wrong, its all about the height? i myself own a 55xprob. ownz everything i throw at it, just on the heavy side

I am also looking for a good tripod and have been leaning towards Manfrotto 055MF3 and 460MG. I've read about the Benro but just concerned about China Made products. Nothing against them but their quality check???

Is my choice ok to go with my 40D? I might go more into macro photography.

gitzo explorer is good for macro... I am saving for that tripod now... haha

gitzo explorer is good for macro... I am saving for that tripod now... haha

What is the magic figure we're looking at for this Gitzo explorer?:sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.