Benro M258n6 carbon fibre tripod+KS1 ballhead

Status
Not open for further replies.

chankp

Jan 14, 2006
Did a search but didn't find any post on the M258 + KS1.
Anyone using this tripod ballhead combination please?
Appreciate any feedback on your experience.
TIA

I am using the C298-n6 with the KS1. Before that, I was considering the C258-n6 but the C298-n6 is actually a clone of the Gitzo Explorer and allows the vertical shaft to be used sideway. The built is superb and it is completely stable. if not for the Benro label, I would have thought my tripod could pass for a Gitzo. The KS-1 works very well too and is also very well-built. The combination is very good value for money. I got mine in Shanghai where the prices are really very competitive.

The KS-1 works extremely well for the price you pay. While I normally use my Arca-Swiss for my bigger lens, when desperate or travelling light, I would temporarily use them on the KB-1.
The KB-1 is similar in design to the KS-1. I removed the retaining screw on the clamp so that it can accept bigger and longer non-Benro plates.

Got the KB-1 ballhead from Jack006. :)

Thanks a lot guys for the feedback/info.
Appreciate it very much.:)

If you have some extra dough to spare, consider Markins ballhead as well. It was money very well spent thus far.

Have been using the KS-1 for some time...everythings good so far :thumbsup:

I am using the C298-n6 with the KS1. Before that, I was considering the C258-n6 but the C298-n6 is actually a clone of the Gitzo Explorer and allows the vertical shaft to be used sideway. The built is superb and it is completely stable. if not for the Benro label, I would have thought my tripod could pass for a Gitzo. The KS-1 works very well too and is also very well-built. The combination is very good value for money. I got mine in Shanghai where the prices are really very competitive.

Hi David,
May I ask how much and where did you buy them in Shanghai? A friend of mine is coming back from there- and so would like to attempt to trouble her with this. You can pm me if you prefer to be discreet. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.