Believe it or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBTM

Nov 23, 2004
BB West
I went to my sister house this afternoon. Recently helped her to brought a card reader for my niece since my niece is going into photography too. My sister told me this :

"You know, my daughter went to school n tell the teacher that she forget to upload the photos to certain website. Then she told the teacher that she got a card reader. In the end, the teacher ask my daughter to lend her the card reader so that he could transfer file over."

Wow, teachers nowadays take advantage of the student har? If next time I strike lottery, get my niece a good camera system (Canon) and with good lens for her, the teacher knows abt it, would he ask my niece to lend to him too?

Lucky thing is the card reader quite cheap as if the teacher spoil it, it's ok. But how can a teacher is not well perpare and in turn, ask from the student for accessories? Isn't that funny? Teacher complain student bad but how good or well equip is our teacher/s? :think:

have you heard of sharity the elephant? where sharing is caring?

BBTM said:
I went to my sister house this afternoon. Recently helped her to brought a card reader for my niece since my niece is going into photography too. My sister told me this :

"You know, my daughter went to school n tell the teacher that she forget to upload the photos to certain website. Then she told the teacher that she got a card reader. In the end, the teacher ask my daughter to lend her the card reader so that he could transfer file over."

Wow, teachers nowadays take advantage of the student har? If next time I strike lottery, get my niece a good camera system (Canon) and with good lens for her, the teacher knows abt it, would he ask my niece to lend to him too?

Lucky thing is the card reader quite cheap as if the teacher spoil it, it's ok. But how can a teacher is not well perpare and in turn, ask from the student for accessories? Isn't that funny? Teacher complain student bad but how good or well equip is our teacher/s? :think:

Actually, I don't see anything wrong with the borrowing of the card reader.

pigs_can_fly said:
Actually, I don't see anything wrong with the borrowing of the card reader.

Problem lies in that he is not a student, but is a teacher. :nono:

BBTM said:
Problem lies in that he is not a student, but is a teacher. :nono:

I still don't see anything wrong with it. I suppose the teacher did not borrow for a long time or take advantage of it. It's just borrowed for a while right?

You are assuming that the teacher is taking advantage of the situation.

pigs_can_fly said:
I still don't see anything wrong with it. I suppose the teacher did not borrow for a long time or take advantage of it. It's just borrowed for a while right?

You are assuming that the teacher is taking advantage of the situation.

Awhile or not, it is still not right for him to do that. What if he spoil it when using n will he be responsible? Since he isn't responsible of getting what he needs, which is a MUST, I got doubt in him that he will be responsible for damaging the card.

Will you sign up for a course, pay for it, pay for the teacher material, buy him meal when he got no $ to eat etc....??? What is this world becoming? Teacher asking a student for thing? For me, it is a :nono:

BBTM said:
Awhile or not, it is still not right for him to do that. What if he spoil it when using n will he be responsible? Since he isn't responsible of getting what he needs, which is a MUST, I got doubt in him that he will be responsible for damaging the card.

Will you sign up for a course, pay for it, pay for the teacher material, buy him meal when he got no $ to eat etc....??? What is this world becoming? Teacher asking a student for thing? For me, it is a :nono:

Your expectation and my expectation of teacher is different. To me, the "borrowing" is a harmless action. I believe in sharing. Of course, if someone is trying to take advantage, it's a no-no.

Perhaps, the kid's parents should only kick up a big fuss if the teacher has spoilt the card reader and the teacher refuse to pay for it. In this case, the card reader is ok, the teacher is just helping the gal to transfer the files. The parents might have misinterpreted the situation from the kid.

If I'm the kid's parent, I will give the teacher a benefit of doubt. In the first place, the kid has forgotten to upload the files. And I believe the kid got some scolding and the kid tried to relate the incident to her parent to her advantage. In my opinion, the kid is smart. BUT, the parents should "investigate" the cause of incident. The "cause" of incident appears to me that "the girl forgot to upload her files".

actually my teachers' & principals' borrow alot of things from me but never return also... like rings, walkman, comics, etc.. den go to class, they always borrow pens, pencils, color pencils, eraser from me too... and i always expect them to be well prepared... but they never seem to... the only few things they always share was their canes & rulers... and some come with special delivery, like the textbooks, workbooks, dusters, chalks. Delivery was almost instanteous... even better than Fedex...

anyway, mai hiam beh pai liao lah...

BBTM said:

from what you say, i deduce that your sis's daughter had forgotten to upload her photos to a certain website, and had reported it to the teacher. (i suppose it's some sort of assignment?). then the daughter told the teacher that she had a card reader with her, and the teacher used it to transfer the file over.

i see nothing wrong with that, as the teacher is not using it for personal use, but instead, giving the student a quick solution to submit her work.

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
actually my teachers' & principals' borrow alot of things from me but never return also... like rings, walkman, comics, etc.. den go to class, they always borrow pens, pencils, color pencils, eraser from me too... and i always expect them to be well prepared... but they never seem to... the only few things they always share was their canes & rulers... and some come with special delivery, like the textbooks, workbooks, dusters, chalks. Delivery was almost instanteous... even better than Fedex...

anyway, mai hiam beh pai liao lah...

HAHAHAHAHAH!!!!! you make my day!!:bsmilie:

Err.. whats wrong with that? Will you say the same thing if your niece borrow things from a teacher?

aren't you making a mountain out of a molehill ?? :dunno:

just b'cos your niece's teacher, out of goodwill, was helping your niece to upload the photos with your niece's card reader, hence you made a sweeping statement that teachers nowadays take advantage of the student ??

nowadays teachers pia mia. cannot scold students, cannot discipline students and now even cannot borrow things from students. every little small things also kenna complaints. haizz ...

BBTM said:

so, it is also not right for you to borrow things from others?

silver.wolf said:
aren't you making a mountain out of a molehill ?? :dunno:

just b'cos your niece's teacher, out of goodwill, was helping your niece to upload the photos with your niece's card reader, hence you made a sweeping statement that teachers nowadays take advantage of the student ??

nowadays teachers pia mia. cannot scold students, cannot discipline students and now even cannot borrow things from students. every little small things also kenna complaints. haizz ...

tough luck being a teacher
back in the days teachers with the cane command the most respect (and fear), now if they get seen stroking a cane they get sued for abuse of authority. sad

i think i need update my friends who are pri sch teacher not to borrow anything from students.
even if they are helping student to correct error words or anything...best is not even to use student pen or pencil!
Secully kana complain.....

blimmer said:
tough luck being a teacher
back in the days teachers with the cane command the most respect (and fear), now if they get seen stroking a cane they get sued for abuse of authority. sad

yeah man .... :cry:

sesame_street98 said:
Err.. whats wrong with that? Will you say the same thing if your niece borrow things from a teacher?
:thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Simply put, the act of borrowing in itself has no wrong. It is whatever that happens after that is in controversy.

I like the good old days better. I wouldnt mind giving the teachers the authority to discipline my kids in the future. Cane and rulers on the palm or knuckles.

Wah piangz... Bro.. no offence.. but what's the big deal here?

Teacher forgot to bring card reader, no access to one at that time, his was faulty, etc etc? What's the true picture here? This is certainly a small matter.

I also dunno what is your point... linking the borrowing of card reader to a much more expensive item such as a branded digital camera?

So if I borrow from my student $10 bcos I left my wallet in the office means next time I will ask for $2000 to buy meself a Canon 350D? :bsmilie: :cool:

BBTM said:

Oh I missed this one... Ok I get to the point now..

Your reasoning is plain shallow and senseless.

Status
Not open for further replies.