Being Recalled during a shoot ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kex

Oct 16, 2002
beebox
www.beebox.com.sg
hi,

i got a full day seminar shoot in july,but the date coincide with my recall manning period.. :confused: on a saturday..

Anyone with experience "falling sick" when recalled ? Do i have to go back to endorse the MC or just inform them ?

Are there any ways to go around it ?? :)

thanks..

Let me know if you find out, want to know what takes priority, imagining working and have been recalled. Which takes preceedance.

How about marriage, any lucky fellas get married on saturday and kena recalled at 11pm after wedding dinner? :sticktong

On the actual day itself? I don't think anybody remembers Army whilst preparing for weddings. :bsmilie:

kex said:
hi,

i got a full day seminar shoot in july,but the date coincide with my recall manning period.. :confused: on a saturday..

Anyone with experience "falling sick" when recalled ? Do i have to go back to endorse the MC or just inform them ?

thanks..

I have encountered this problem before. I called my unit to inform them that I was not available on particular day (main photographer for AD Wedding) and they agreed to remove my name on that day.

hmm...

i'm a driver for my reservist unit..and i happens to drive the operating theatre...

it is a hospital unit..dunno they will let me go anot if i just call them..or have to use "super power" to fall sick..

Hehehe sorry for late reply... Last time I was reservist clerk.... generally in our side first time offenders just kena charged with AWOL and fine 50 dollars.... another method that is very favouredis that you try to contact your area IC and den hor ask him to pick you up using the taxi lor... dun worry usually during MOB they hire citicab taxis to be on standby.... if area IC say cannot find someone by a certain time, a taxi will be dispatched to area ICs home and the area IC will take taxi to your home to find you.... MC is not foolproof. sometimes they bo liao can say you never call in sick and charge you for awol... of if clerk wanna sabo you they can ask you report even though you sick and den let you sleep in sick bay..... if you nice to clerks they can tell you what is the percentage of activation.... need more info than this?

kex said:
hi,

thanks..

Frankly speaking, I'll probably call back to my unit and ask my chief clerk on this. Tell them you need the job money for milk powder, diapers, house rentals. Most likely they'll exempt you. :)

haiz..

i told my client about my recall manning period,they say will get another guy for the seminar to play safe ...

fly fly fly $$$$$$$$ fly fly fly

megaweb said:
I have encountered this problem before. I called my unit to inform them that I was not available on particular day (main photographer for AD Wedding) and they agreed to remove my name on that day.

same here. they are surprisingly understanding towards NSmen.

some units take care of their NSmen. some dont. the best thing is to check back with unit to see if you can get an exemption, either you call your respective NS HRC or contact eMINDEF and get them to check/escalate your case for you.

failing that, pray that they wont push the button.

The views expressed in this post are the author's and do not necessarily represent those of eMINDEF and their associated organisations. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.