Being greedy is natural, is this true?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The point is, ladies and gentleman, that greed, for lack of a better word, is good. Greed is right, greed works. Greed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit. Greed, in all of its forms; greed for life, for money, for love, knowledge has marked the upward surge of mankind.

i didn't know that that salesman that ripped me off the other day by selling me a vitacon filter for $200 is capturing the essence of the evolutionary spirit.

i shall return to the shop later and congratulate him on his rapid evolution!

I was at a company function and the program was fantastic as the MC was able to put crowd to participate in his games.

So I ask the MC how did he manage to put crowd on stage?

His reply ' Greed and Fame'

i didn't know that that salesman that ripped me off the other day by selling me a vitacon filter for $200 is capturing the essence of the evolutionary spirit.

It's gluttony that you paid sgd 200 for a 'must have' Vitacon filter! :bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

Now you are the 'one and only' to have paid sgd 200 for a vitacon!

Last edited:
For this I won't support your view. Yes the salesman has evolved by aquiring the dark knowledge and rip those slower evolved people off their money. Rapid development have more bugs and so will rapid evolution.

Kudos to the salesman and you for supporting a local brand. :bsmilie:

Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong's National Day Rally Speech 2009 said:
One key strength is the Singapore brand-name, which benefits local companies that venture overseas and gives overseas companies confidence to invest here.

Speech by High Commissioner Michael Teo to Singapore Seminar for PSC Scholars said:
In short, Singapore is a brand name for high standards and integrity.

The question is flawed. :)

Should I be made to understand
that not to flaw is flawless?

Irrigators lead the waters.
Fletchers bend the shafts.
Carpenters bend wood.
The virtuous control themselves.

The flawless is less flawed by just mentioning it.

:bsmilie:

Though one should conquer a million men
on the battlefield, yet he, indeed,
is the noblest victor who has conquered himself.

:thumbsup::bsmilie:

There's nothing wrong with Greed if you can provide excess returns.

The excess returns you refer here should be the
balance sheet or something to that extent?

However whatever role you are playing in any endeavour
or business transaction you progress in different ways
but make sure in whatever circumstances and no matter
what you must be facing the right direction.

All you have to do is just keep on walking or doing
and as long as you're heading towards light
that's all that matters. :bsmilie:

Attack the evil that is within yourself;
do not attack the evil that is in
others. :bsmilie:

Agreed.

Evils or weaknesses?

Often the heart rules the brain.

I think its just semantics, used to justify one's un-ethical action, and to confuse the un-guarded mind. Commonly used by lawyers, salesman and the devil himself.

as one grow older, isn't it better to think with the brain rather than follow your heart ?

The whole truth is there is one thing that no matter
at what age the brain cannot rule the heart.

There is a saying that you can't investigate
with words or with thoughts and neither with
concepts but rather it is better to try getting
a feel, a sense of the process of consciousness
that is happening with the object you so wishes
together.

In this case the heart brings in the experience.

;):)

as one grow older, isn't it better to think with the brain rather than follow your heart ?

that's weird, some people grow young, grow old, always think with the head down there only. :angel:

The good and bad side of greed is that
somewhere, somehow greed does make
the world go around.

Similiarly some people agree that
"money really does make the world go round."
It is about wanting more and never being
satisfied with either money, pleasure or property.

What are your thoughts on the above? :)

yay. gp time.

lets first define greed. greed is the unlimited human wants. as we all know, having unlimited wants is human nature.

now lets put it in the bad sense. greed means u want more, depending on how u wanna achieve that surplus, you can steal, rob etc etc. this would be instantanous, yet it harms others as basically ur taking from others.

HOWEVER

greed is good too. scientists are all greedy ppl. we wanna learn more abt the world, we want faster and better stuff. but we do it the long hard way, innovation.
and this, makes the world go round and round and round and round.

:D

OT from Full Metal Alchemist :bsmilie:

Greed (Japanese:グリード, Gurīdo) is a greedy Homunculus, called the "Ultimate Shield", because he can rearrange the carbon in his body to make his skin as hard as diamond, thus making himself almost impossible to injure. As his name implies, he is a very avaricious character, who likes living in luxury, surrounded by powerful minions and beautiful women. He also has a habit of flipping people off in the manga. Despite his generally greedy nature, he is shown to honestly care for his subordinates.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkZo6H4CeW8

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.