Being activated for Mob during photoshoot...

Status
Not open for further replies.

absoluthal

Mar 14, 2006
harlem.multiply.com
Hi all...
I dunno whether this has been discussed or not.
Just wanna know if any of u have been in a situation when you're being activated for mobilisation on a day when u got a wedding/event shoot??
What to do if that really happen ah...??

have a backup photographer in case u get mobilised

i just got activated. :-(

another way for not being activated is to apply leave and submit excuse from mob form beforehand =) for what i know apply leave on weekend wont deduct your leave and my friend have tried it.

wow so suay.....last time they called me up before the actual mob,i told them working not free. then when they activate,apparently area ic never clear with higher comm. i told them i will go back if u pay for my cab fees since not my fault...they say forget it. ask me to write letter to explain..so i explain is area ic over promise...haha..s3 wanted to charge me or sthg..i say pls go ahead and i will write in formally to mindef and complain for the poor handling of matters..

another way for not being activated is to apply leave and submit excuse from mob form beforehand =) for what i know apply leave on weekend wont deduct your leave and my friend have tried it.

agreed. The unit clerk would have informed you the mob period. If leave can't be applied, best to prempt the couple.

Z

Ok noted...
thanks for the infos guys...
Nowadays the alert amber is 3 long weeks ah...

agreed. The unit clerk would have informed you the mob period. If leave can't be applied, best to prempt the couple.

Z

Ops room guys will know first. if know someone else from there, will be good but not all will give a heads up due to integrity ;).. but usually they wont know until last few days of the week..

Best is to apply leave on weekend beforehand if you going overseas. for wedding shoot, maybe give other reason unless helping a friend and they award you in hongbao. During ns period is not allow to have a part time job on weekend but dont get caught haha...

Last edited:
but don't you guys get warning like when a mob or anything is happening? if so from there can start apply for excuse etc. no?

Not too sure abt being given warning beforehand or not...
its been years since I last being activated...

Well, there is a silent MOB going on now. If by now you haven received the call, i guess you are safe .

but don't you guys get warning like when a mob or anything is happening? if so from there can start apply for excuse etc. no?

that will be too late cause you need to get your leave and excuse mob form approved.

the excuse mob need to approve by s3 (unit security officer)

Not too sure abt being given warning beforehand or not...
its been years since I last being activated...

i guess thats depend on individual unit about their role when it comes to national security

Status
Not open for further replies.