Beijing Coup Rumours

Unverified sources in popular Chinese forums claimed that the PLA was seen mobilising and deploying its assets and resources around Peking several days ago.

No chance. Times are too good for PRC now. The future even better. So why should PLA upset the golden gravy train. Coups only happen in countries when certain groups feel their future is at stake; when they feel they have a convenient silly excuse and a good chance to succeed. a.k.a. Thailand's coup when Thaksin tried to clean up the powerful narcotic drug lords.

Last edited:
Pentagon stirring shi t ...

Army is having a good time like never before.
Both the politicians and army loose with a coup (like what happened in communist Russia under Gorbachev's watch)

Don't think I'd like to see it either.
Imagine the 'great powers' taking the opportunity of internal unrest to break up China....
Republic of Guangdong ; Democatic Republic of Fujian......

Strongly doubt there will be any incident...

You guys are unaware about the chong qing incident and succession power struggle between the Wen's group & the Jiang's group within the communist party ?

The Jiang's group control the police and the Wen's group control the PLA.

The story is in Shin Ming's newpaper.

You guys are unaware about the chong qing incident and succession power struggle between the Wen's group & the Jiang's group within the communist party ?

The Shanghai gang has long fallen several years ago after the indictment of former party secretary of Shanghai...

I am not talking about history but recent incident about corrupted former police chief, who tried to defect to USA. He expose chong qing corruption and attempt to remove the wen's group from power.

This cause Wen Jia Bao to order the arrest of Chong Qing Mayor and former police chief. But there is fraction among the communist party trying to grab power away from Wen.

They control the police while Wen control the PLA.

You must read full story from Shin Ming.

Although China only have ONE political party, there are different fractions among the party.

Note: Jiang's group refer to Jiang Ze Ming's group.

Last edited:
I am not talking about history but recent incident about corrupted former police chief, who tried to defect to USA. He expose chong qing corruption and attempt to remove the wen's group from power.

This cause Wen Jia Bao to order the arrest of Chong Qing Mayor and former police chief. But there is fraction among the communist party trying to grab power away from Wen.

Although China only have ONE political party, there are different fractions among the party.

It's FACTION not FRACTION.

Bo Xilai is not under arrest AFAIK.

It's FACTION not FRACTION.

Bo Xilai is not under arrest AFAIK.

Not yet under arrest but everyone believe it will happen soon. Currently, he is under investigation from the central government.
He have many connections in Beijing and his wife have made millions using his position. It is hard to escape arrest if the Wen want to bring him down.

Just pure speculation, if there is really a coup within the PLA and the factions, it will never be leaked out officially. What you see and hear is all manipulated by the Press and speculation and guessing game from the outside China. That's my 2 cent worth of opinion.

Yes.... but that doesn't mean anyone is crazy enough to start anything...

We'll just have to wait and see... :think:

Jiang Ze Ming's Group is the "Shanghai Gang" 上海帮. They are all gone shortly after Lao Hu came into power. Last one being Chen Liangyu, former party secretary for Shanghai.

Lived in Shanghai and Chongqing before. And I have relatives and close friends in the government. So I hear a lot. ;)

Last edited: