Behold. 100MBPS is here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy Ang

Jan 10, 2006
Dreamy Nikon Land
StarHub Combines DOCSIS 3.0 and Velocity to OfferallStarHub MaxOnline (MOL) Customers Ultra-High Broadband Speeds

Singapore, 27 December 2006 – From tomorrow, Singapore will become the first country in the world to commercially launch 100Mbps residential broadband services nation-wide, as StarHub marks another milestone with its deployment of DOCSIS 3.0 technology.

To ensure that all MOL customers can experience the full capabilities of DOCSIS 3.0 and access ultra-high broadband speeds immediately, StarHub has combined this network upgrade with VELOCITY, StarHub’s content-collaboration programme that makes it easy for companies providing online content and services to host their applications in Singapore.

Combining the DOCSIS 3.0 access with the VELOCITY programme, StarHub has created a dual-mode network profile for each MOL cable modem connection:

1. A full-speed profile, for accessing locally-hosted content such as those provided by VELOCITY partners;
2. A prescribed-speed profile, for accessing other Internet content hosted overseas at the price point customers prefer;

Based on StarHub’s on-going residential broadband market research, this dual-mode network profile is used to better serve the needs of all MOL customers.

free upgrade for ultimate users? ;p

woah..like that i jump to ultimate liao. somemore the freebies they give is enuf to cover almost the whole subscription fee.:D

woah..like that i jump to ultimate liao. somemore the freebies they give is enuf to cover almost the whole subscription fee.:D

not really lah...

anyway at home only i 1 person use nia... speed also not fast...

anyone know how to set MSN to upload faster? seem like on test my upload super fast, even my torrent also super fast, but msn super slow... open which port now? enable upnp liao... worthless...

not really lah...

anyway at home only i 1 person use nia... speed also not fast...

anyone know how to set MSN to upload faster? seem like on test my upload super fast, even my torrent also super fast, but msn super slow... open which port now? enable upnp liao... worthless...

woah, exact same case here too. no matter what ports i open in the router, file transfer is always extremely slow. sort of given up hope liao. even when i place my com in DMZ mode, transfer speed still slow. only way was to take out my old modem and plug it directly to my com.:(

anyway, these are the ports. 6891-6900. need to port forward to your com. hope it works.

anyway dun think the money worth it for the speed la...now net access overseas also not say fantastic anyway....100mbps sounds like just another number...

haha, for me, if need to send files through msn, i only accept those small ones, like around 1-2MB. anything larger, i just use
email.

MSN transfer speed slow is due to their server. MSN transfer may not be point to point....(Someone please confirm). I use skype, transfer is solid!

i upgraded from MOL->1500->2000->6500, i still feel like the my 1st MOL at that time is the fastest, hahaha. Nowaday, im happy if i can get 200kbs... &@@$*(^$@&@$^@%#@&#

Personal rant. I find the situation silly sometimes, 100Mbps is only the bandwidth on the last leg to the household. Singapore is still trying to look good on the surface because it lags behind Asian countries like HK and Korea in terms of price and content. But Starhub does have upper hand because of their strength/monopoly with cable TV content...at least for now.

StarHub Combines DOCSIS 3.0 and

Singapore, 27 December 2006 – From tomorrow, Singapore will become the first country in the world to commercially launch 100Mbps residential broadband services nation-wide

first meh ? i thought other country already more than 1gb

1gb? lao eh...

anyway i see the full official statement from starhub... sian 1/2

must buy the 525 bucks modem then u only can use the 100mbps on selected sites, the rest is still 32mbps on my ultimate... sian beh.. still same, no gurantee will be fast, anyway even in sg, i cannot even get 20mbps, so no point liao...

selected sites - up to 100mbps
local sites - up to 32 mbps
US sites - 100 kbps
waiting for your torrent to finish at 10kbps - priceless

Status
Not open for further replies.