Behind The Substation

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpguitars

Aug 14, 2006
Sometimes an idea of how to treat a pictures comes much later.....this one for instance. Appreciate your feedback.

medium.jpg

Er... maybe you would like to explain what effect you are trying to achieve before we comment?

Atm.. the treatment makes the model looks ghastly.

g-khoo, thanks. i forgot to mention. i was trying to get a "grunge" effect on her so that it would suit the coloured background wall which i thought would "complement" the gritty image. the original image of her (she has fantastic complexion) just didnt go well with the background because of the multicoloured and jaggered outlines of the wall. i think you were at the shoot as well......

i thought this might work in bnw with a little bit of work actually

truth is though, this is much too tight for comfort, i thought it would be better with significant space all around the model

good point night86mare. yes, the b&w treatment will work since it "simplifies" the picture. didnt someone famous say he liked photography until colour got in the way;). yr point on super tight crop is also noted. thanks.

g-khoo, thanks. i forgot to mention. i was trying to get a "grunge" effect on her so that it would suit the coloured background wall which i thought would "complement" the gritty image. the original image of her (she has fantastic complexion) just didnt go well with the background because of the multicoloured and jaggered outlines of the wall. i think you were at the shoot as well......

Yes i was there, and i noted the same things as you did. Which was why i didnt bother processing this lot of the series cuz the BG seriously does not match. I only did one

Either you have really shallow DOF maybe shoot @ F1.2 to throw off the BG or like nightmare said, simplify the colors - in which i did both and ended up with this (pls let me know if you want it taken down)

2211235851_3539c431ea.jpg

That said, i think you made a decent attempt. But in the end juliana and grunge.. is like strawberry and durian. *Lol* :bsmilie:

ha ha ha strawberry and durian - i'll surely remember that line for the rest of my life. actually i may just try that combination for dessert after dinner 2nite :bsmilie:. But seriously, thanks for also posting your "version" because that's how we all learn - from each other. I for one have greatly benefitted from the sharings on this forum.

To your point, I also tried the "clean" look to see if the wall colors and Juliana's personality matched (was tired of taking the b&w approach). Here is the result.

medium.jpg

to be very frank, i don't see any grunge effect.

sorry it doesn't work for me..cheers

PL

which one? the first or the second? the second was meant to be non-grundge!!

Sometimes an idea of how to treat a pictures comes much later.....this one for instance. Appreciate your feedback.

medium.jpg
the processing is not working on this, i would prefer better composition.u got a colorful mural and a beautiful model w/c posing is topnotch.all u need is to composeit correctly:sweat:

thanks for your honest feedback guys. i guess its back to the drawing board ha ha ha :)

Status
Not open for further replies.