Behavior of photographers

dapao

Nov 6, 2010
Do you prefer to take shots alone, or having friends alone with you?

Good to have friend around one don't feel get bored. 2 pairs of eyes are better than 1 pair.
But that said i go alone and meet guys in field, one of my friend only go on weekdays.

i prefer to shoot alone and the most 2 person (including myself).

usually if u shoot in large groups... creativeness is gone... cos everyone is shooting the same subjects or angles. and u also risk scaring off your subjects. you also tends to talk more then shoot more.

photography is actually a very loner hobby to begin with. :)

usually if u shoot in large groups... creativeness is gone... cos everyone is shooting the same subjects or angles. and u also risk scaring off your subjects. you also tends to talk more then shoot more.

agrees from start to end!

I would prefer to shoot alone but with 1 or 2 same minded kakis is also good. My subject not cooperatives when there is a large group of PGs.

no wonder i have no friends :embrass:

Personally, usually I take shots alone. No need to wait and blah blah. But still prefer to go with few good friends. Sharing of shots taken after a section of photography is just another form of fun.
Most of the time, I see one photographer or couple photograhers. Not too usual to see 3-4 friends with cameras.
The time when I spotted group photographers, is when forums organised.
What do you think?

Do you prefer to take shots alone, or having friends alone with you?

alone.

or with my fiance, because she knows what i like to shoot, and how to keep out of the way.

with friends, sometimes it's fine, but i can't say that those outings are always very productive - depending on the location.

i like to shoot alone but with few xmm mollers :bsmilie:

and i thought going ard alone to shoot is weird ..

Mainly alone....

sometimes in pairs or groups. But it all depends on the subject. Street is best done alone or in pairs, not too many ppl...

Macro can be done in groups if the area is big enough. Landscape also but if there is only a couple of vantage points, then it'll be pretty limiting too considering sometimes you'd need a long shutter speed. :)

Most of the time alone as my fiancée will be working 1/2 day on sat morning. Sometimes will be able to join in outings for TCSS.

alone.

or with my fiance, because she knows what i like to shoot, and how to keep out of the way.

with friends, sometimes it's fine, but i can't say that those outings are always very productive - depending on the location.

and depending on the people you are out with i guess:think:

perhaps if just starting out with a certain field of photography, such as IR, having the right ppl around would help you learn faster.

but i guess if i were to go landscapping or something i'll do it solo, taking my own sweet time:bsmilie:

and depending on the people you are out with i guess:think:

perhaps if just starting out with a certain field of photography, such as IR, having the right ppl around would help you learn faster.

but i guess if i were to go landscapping or something i'll do it solo, taking my own sweet time:bsmilie:

actually, i started off with ir photography, and i did it all alone...

then came back and asked the seniors in the ir section about what i was doing, etc. :)

Prefer to do it alone. Just bring along a spare cam in case one fail.

My cam jam once while shooting a wedding session.