Beginners Outing - Chinatown, Sat Jan 23 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reportage

Nov 24, 2008
Objective - Meet and share exercise among beginners to photography as well as share shooting tips. This is more of an overview exercise and introduction into photography techniques.

Tools - This outing, mobility is key so pack what you need but bring your camera manual. Tripods in this case is optional.

Photography Genre - Festival, People, Lowlight. Fireworks and Firecrackers may occur.

Participants is limited to 5 for this exercise. (Exclusive of those who may be joining after the Southern Ridges Photo Trail that will be happening earlier.)

Weather http://app2.nea.gov.sg/weather_3day.aspx

Estimated start time 1600hr. End time 2200hr.

We will be going one round chinatown to see the area in day view and then camp waiting for the light up estimated at 1930hr after which we will go chinatown landmarks for the night view. Its expected to be very tight and full of people so do take every precaution against theft.

Last edited:
Confirmed Participants.
1. Chili Crab

The route will be through Pagoda Street -->Ann Siang Hill Park --->Thiam Hock Keng Temple --->Buddha Tooth Relic Temple and Museum --->Temple Street

after a break, we go standby for the light up. As we will be entering religious areas, please dress appropriately.

This exercise is to work on techniques so even kit lens will do but if you have fast lenses or flash..feel free to bring along as there could be some night action. You will learn to use AV, TV and even Manual mode.

some recce i did today of the route we are taking.

02ad9d09.jpg
8b22be24.jpg

f4df7609.jpg
6de8bdd2.jpg
6579cac3.jpg

Last edited:
Hi, I'm interested in this joining you guys.

can i know who to contact

Status
Not open for further replies.