[Beginners Macro outing]Part 1 - Trip to Singapore Botanic Gardens (Day)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zzhihuaa

Jan 25, 2010
Jln Tenaga
IMG_7615a.jpg

Date: 24th July
Time: 8.00am meet (8.30am start shooting) till 11.30am/12pm
Place: Singapore Botanic Garden (meet outside tanglin gate. Map: http://www.sbg.org.sg/tanglincore/tanglincore.asp)

Hiya everyone! I am Zhihua and im looking for an opportunity to organise macro outing. This is my first time organizing outing so kindly bear with me for a while. I love shooting macro photography ever since i was a student. I joined a few macro outings and decided to organise one as well.

Everyone (whether pro or beginner) is free to join the outing, regardless of camera type, lens type, flash type or whatever. Even a digicam/800mm cannonball is fine alright. Let us all share ideas and learn from each other as we go along. And last but not least, have FUN shooting:D

After shooting we can share our shots during lunch at SBG foodcourt.

Disclaimer: Macro lens is optional. If you have, it's a bonus. If you dont have a macro lens, you can use the Raynox DC-250 or any other filter to attach to your prime lens/kit lens.

Things to bring:
1) Camera
2) Tripod/monopod (optional)
3) Water
4) Towel

Those who are new to Macro photography, dont worry. Our friendly seniors are here to teach you all the basics:)

This outing has no limit of people. Kindly indicate your usernames here by copy pasting this in the next post. My contact: 91840317

1) zzhihuaa (zhihua)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

IMPT!
1) Please DO NOT post OT threads here. If you all want to post OT , please do so in the Kopitiam or PM me directly. I dont want DM to come after me. Kindly see this thread:
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6282573#post6282573

Last edited:
1) zzhihuaa (zhihua)
2) neetsdeindie (Nitish)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

Thanks zzhihuaa!!! It'll be a good opportunity to shoot with learned felas. I have attended a macro shot outing earlier and been to SBG on my own twice...but nothing better than to be a part of a gang of fellow shooters!!! :)

You are welcome nitish. :) Come along and join the fun too:D

1) zzhihuaa (zhihua)
2) neetsdeindie (Nitish)
3) Jacobs
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

Count me in..;)

Last edited:
1) zzhihuaa (zhihua)
2) neetsdeindie (Nitish)
3) Jacobs
4) Frostiee
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

Very free recently... Gonna leech all the experience while i still can XD

1) zzhihuaa (zhihua)
2) neetsdeindie (Nitish)
3) Jacobs
4) Frostiee
5) Defelio (David)(Newbie)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

Finally a suitable date for me to join =)

[Beginners Macro outing]Part 1 - Trip to Singapore Botanic Gardens (Day) 24th July

IMG_7615a.jpg

Place: Singapore Botanic Garden (meet outside tanglin gate. Map: http://www.sbg.org.sg/tanglincore/tanglincore.asp)

Hiya everyone! I am Zhihua and im looking for an opportunity to organise macro outing. This is my first time organizing outing so kindly bear with me for a while. I love shooting macro photography ever since i was a student. I joined a few macro outings and decided to organise one as well.

Everyone (whether pro or beginner) is free to join the outing, regardless of camera type, lens type, flash type or whatever. Even a digicam/800mm cannonball is fine alright. Let us all share ideas and learn from each other as we go along. And last but not least, have FUN shooting

Disclaimer: Macro lens is optional. If you have, it's a bonus. If you dont have a macro lens, you can use the Raynox DC-250 or any other filter to attach to your prime lens/kit lens.

Things to bring:
1) Camera
3) Water
4) Towel

Those who are new to Macro photography, dont worry. Our friendly seniors are here to teach you all the basics

This outing has no limit of people. Kindly indicate your usernames here by copy pasting this in the next post. My contact: 91840317

1) zzhihuaa (zhihua)
2) neetsdeindie (Nitish)
3) Jacobs
4) Frostiee
5) Defelio (David)(Newbie)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

IMPT!
1) Please DO NOT post OT threads here. If you all want to post OT , please do so in the Kopitiam or PM me directly. I dont want DM to come after me. Kindly see this thread:
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showt...73#post6282573

showthread.php

Update: Any OT threads pls post in this link. Thanks. Click here

[Beginners Macro outing]Part 1 - Trip to Singapore Botanic Gardens (Day) 24th July

IMG_7615a.jpg

Everyone (whether pro or beginner) is free to join the outing, regardless of camera type, lens type, flash type or whatever. Even a digicam/800mm cannonball is fine alright. Let us all share ideas and learn from each other as we go along. And last but not least, have FUN shooting

Things to bring:
1) Camera
3) Water
4) Towel

Those who are new to Macro photography, dont worry. Our friendly seniors are here to teach you all the basics

1) zzhihuaa (zhihua)
2) neetsdeindie (Nitish)
3) Jacobs
4) Defelio (David)(Newbie)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

IMPT!

showthread.php

Can't make it as the date clashes with the CS Live @ SAM. Maybe next time. SOrry~

1) zzhihuaa (zhihua)
2) neetsdeindie (Nitish)
3) Jacobs
5) branndon
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

Hey there, would love to learn and explore macro! See you guys next Sat!

those confirm can make it on 24th july kindly send me a pm with the following

Name
Contact no
CS username

IMG_7615a.jpg

Things to bring:
1) Camera
3) Water
4) Towel

1) zzhihuaa (zhihua)
2) neetsdeindie (Nitish)
3) Jacobs
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

IMPT!

showthread.php

Can't make it as the date clashes with the CS Live @ SAM. Maybe next time. SOrry~

ok sure. U can join us in next outings. no worries

1) zzhihuaa (zhihua)
2) neetsdeindie (Nitish)
3) Jacobs
5) branndon
6) asktronaut (Newbie)
7)
8)
9)
10)

Looking forward to this...this being my first ever CS Outing. :)
But I don't have macro lens or Raynox DC-250 or any other filters. Is that a prob?

hi asktronaut, no prob at all. dont have to have macro lens or filters to join this gathering. even a simple digicam or hp cam is ok. just keep a relaxed heart, come along and have fun:)

i would also like to join but hope there isnt any thing last mins thing i have to do... count mi in but i cant say 100% i can go. hehe....

hi asktronaut, no prob at all. dont have to have macro lens or filters to join this gathering. even a simple digicam or hp cam is ok. just keep a relaxed heart, come along and have fun:)

Cool! See you then! ;)

1) zzhihuaa (zhihua)
2) neetsdeindie (Nitish)
3) Jacobs
5) branndon
6) asktronaut (Newbie)
7) nicholaslsa
8)
9)
10)

1) zzhihuaa (zhihua)
2) neetsdeindie (Nitish)
3) Jacobs
5) branndon
6) asktronaut (Newbie)
7) nicholaslsa
8) SHLEW
9)
10)

1) zzhihuaa (zhihua)
2) neetsdeindie (Nitish)
3) Jacobs
5) branndon
6) asktronaut (Newbie)
7) nicholaslsa
8) SHLEW
9) ra1nb0w
10)

Thanks for organizing :)

1) zzhihuaa (zhihua)
2) neetsdeindie (Nitish)
3) Jacobs
5) branndon
6) asktronaut (Newbie)
7) nicholaslsa
8) SHLEW
9) ra1nb0w
10) thaBuzzed

Hi Zhihua,
What's the backup plan in case it rains?
Shall we stick to the original timing, and, if it rains, we'll meet in the foodcourt to drink coffee and discuss equipment and macro photography just like the AMK outing?
Tks.
LEW

The saying: "Met officers get the best job in the world. They always make mistakes and yet do not get fired from their jobs!"

Status
Not open for further replies.