Beginner to HDR style photos

dpw1978

Jun 22, 2012
San Diego
I have been doing photos for a while , but i have recently started to try the whole HDR approach. So I am open to suggestions on how to achieve some of the spectacular photos that other photographers have been producing. Thank you for you comments and help.

have u even started shooting HDR? if so just post your photos here. else i dun know how can anyone reply your question.

if u want a standard "how to shoot HDR" tips, i am sure google is your best friend.

I'm sorry if I hijack this thread. I been looking at some HDR shots, and sometimes there are some that are over-done and receive flak (commonly I read people saying that it looks like godzilla is coming out of water or something lol). I am wondering what are the common mistakes here and in general for HDR? Maybe this question will help TS than to ask how to do HDR?

I have been doing photos for a while , but i have recently started to try the whole HDR approach. So I am open to suggestions on how to achieve some of the spectacular photos that other photographers have been producing. Thank you for you comments and help.
there are many tutorials on HDR at youtube, you can search by specify cameras and software approach,

we can't help you as we know noting about what you have and what you want to achieve.

I think its easier to do some research on the web.
The articles on it will be more detailed.
Also check out How Tos on Youtube.

Then try some and perhaps post them here for suggestion on how to improve.

nitewalk said:
I'm sorry if I hijack this thread. I been looking at some HDR shots, and sometimes there are some that are over-done and receive flak (commonly I read people saying that it looks like godzilla is coming out of water or something lol). I am wondering what are the common mistakes here and in general for HDR? Maybe this question will help TS than to ask how to do HDR?

I think there is no mistakes in processing hdr images. It depends on individual preference on what they want to achieve, surreal or realistic or comical, its the creativity of creating an combination of image of different exposure and merging all details into one image.

ts should start first and then explore into the style you desire or create your kind of hdr image.