Beginner in DSLR

Status
Not open for further replies.

kelchan

Apr 12, 2009
Hi everyone, just got my 1st DSLR today. Canon EOS 1000D, hope I did not make a wrong choice. I have some questions to ask from you all.

1) Which dry cabinet should I buy?
2) Will dry cabinet consume high eletricity?
3) Where to buy?

Lastly, my mind is so blank now that I do not know what to do with my camera. It is now still laying in the box. Can someone advise me please. Thank you so much.

Hello...welcome.

Doesn't matter which brand of dry cabinet. You can visit MS Color, Cathay Photo, and the other friendly stores. They do carry dry cabinets. Electricity consumption is very minimal.

you can start by getting the neck strap on your cam and maybe charge the batt.

1) Which dry cabinet should I buy? - try google
2) Will dry cabinet consume high eletricity? - no, for almost all
3) Where to buy? - Cathay, MS, go look around.

haha good for you. for a start take the camera out of the box and start experimenting with it, will definitely do more good than it laying in the box ;) also, read the manual to better understand your camera functions, and also read more from the forums, books or websites to better understand photography.

to answer your questions, any brand will do. more popular one would perhaps be Digi-Cabi. it comes in various sizes, and are measure by litres. a 30L one should do you fine, and apart from reputable shops, you can even get them from ntuc and carrefour. and yes, electrical consumption is minimal, and will overall be cheaper than not maintaing your equipment.

Thanks for the fast respones. Should I attend the free camera training at Canon?

YES OF COURSE

1) its free (kiasu singaporean)
2) you will learn quite alot. don't you want to learn to use ur equipment properly.
unless you are a seasoned canongrapher.

anw.
you might want to try Digicabi
comes with 5 years warranty too.

Thanks for the fast respones. Should I attend the free camera training at Canon?

If u r lazy to read the manual then go lor:bsmilie:

Jokes aside.... If it's free why not? U have nothing to lose anyway.... They might even have useful tips for u on maybe maintainance or something??

Hi everyone, just got my 1st DSLR today. Canon EOS 1000D, hope I did not make a wrong choice. I have some questions to ask from you all.

3) Where to buy?

Lastly, my mind is so blank now that I do not know what to do with my camera. It is now still laying in the box. Can someone advise me please. Thank you so much.

1) get digi-cabi DB-036 at $118...anything higher u kena carrot liao..
2) nah...
3) like wat they say, try MS, CP.....

lastly, open ur box n start SSS :)

u can join the 1000D club thread should u req further assistance.. ;)

anyway, welcome to CS!

if u are very new to DSLR, just go...

they teach u the basic of DSLR handling...and they might poison u with a few red rubber band. :)

if u are very new to DSLR, just go...

they teach u the basic of DSLR handling...and they might poison u with a few red rubber band. :)

Their rubber band not cheap, at least 1.2k IIRC....

Dun buy from them ok? Wanna buy come to me, I sell u cheap cheap $500 I give u one big packet:thumbsup:

Their rubber band not cheap, at least 1.2k IIRC....

Dun buy from them ok? Wanna buy come to me, I sell u cheap cheap $500 I give u one big packet:thumbsup:

hmm...:think:

ok, i throw in another pack, multi color than his.. :sticktong

buy 1 get 1 free... ;p

Huh?
Wat is red rubber band?

Huh?
Wat is red rubber band?

Rubber band that is red in colour lah.... Take note, nikon's golden rubber band(more commonly seen as yellow) is also very expensive..... I dun usually sell these nikon golden rubber bands, but if u want, I can sell them to u cheap cheap oso...:bsmilie:

aiyah, red rubber band is meant to be put around the lens one. Some of them when u buy got rubber band already, Those with rubber bands more expensive, they are also commonly known as L lens...

Rubber band that is red in colour lah.... Take note, nikon's golden rubber band(more commonly seen as yellow) is also very expensive..... I dun usually sell these nikon golden rubber bands, but if u want, I can sell them to u cheap cheap oso...:bsmilie:

aiyah, red rubber band is meant to be put around the lens one. Some of them when u buy got rubber band already, Those with rubber bands more expensive, they are also commonly known as L lens...

Oic, now i understood. :)

3) Where to buy?

1) If you are on budget, just get one from Carrefour for under $100.
2) Minimal consumption
3) as above

Huh.. ? What's a camera for? To take peekture my friend.
You're not gonna transform ur DLSR into a robot right? (not a Transformer... )

You can start with AP, SP or M. Not sure what these are? Can start reading here.

Still finding it all too hard to digest? Just bring your cam out and start shooting away.:angel:

Finally start to use my camera today. So quite confused with all the control buttons. Just found out today that nikon is lauching its lastest camera D5000. Felt so lost, I should have wait before I buy my Canon 1000D.

Finally start to use my camera today. So quite confused with all the control buttons. Just found out today that nikon is lauching its lastest camera D5000. Felt so lost, I should have wait before I buy my Canon 1000D.

Erm.... D5000 and 1000D are not in the same league both in price n specs....

D5000 is more like a head to head competition for 500D instead. Anyway, dun worry so much. Juz shoot:thumbsup:

Anyway, IMO, Nikon's interface is a little harder to master than Canon's..... But, well, it's my own opinion, so no worries.

why bother so much after u have got ur cam??

just go out there n SSS!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.