afiyy

Jul 19, 2010
4uvzlw.jpg

2rfejgy.jpg

Using D5000 and this is my first time shooting fireworks

Criticism comments or any please feel free to shoot

Hello, afiyy.
You know something?
I must say that your first firework photographs are much better than mine own first firework photographs.

One thing I noticed: There is movement blur in the background. Were you on tripods, may I ask?
You can perhaps prolong your shutter speed just a little longer (but not too long) to have a more extensive streaks of light.

Take heart.
And keep them coming.

Hello, afiyy.
You know something?
I must say that your first firework photographs are much better than mine own first firework photographs.

One thing I noticed: There is movement blur in the background. Were you on tripods, may I ask?
You can perhaps prolong your shutter speed just a little longer (but not too long) to have a more extensive streaks of light.

Take heart.
And keep them coming.

Yes I'm on tripod anyway .
this is my very first fireworks shots without anyone guiding me . HAHA ! :)

Yes I'm on tripod anyway .
this is my very first fireworks shots without anyone guiding me . HAHA ! :)

Ah.. yes, what was I thinking of... haha, how could I... I am sure you were on the tripod.

Just that I was looking at the lights at the background buildings and noticed that they were not sharp.
... hmmm... maybe the results of a wide aperture?

Hi. Not a professional but just my thoughts.

You can try using longer shutter speed as it will take in the trails of the fireworks which is nice.
Use a tripod would be better so that you can increase shutter speed and decrease your iso.
It does seems underexposed to me, buildings were dark. But maybe that was your intention.

This is not a gallery section.

Nice shoots u have over there :)

will be better if the light of the building was not so dull but still nice :)

This is not a gallery section.

maybe can request the mods to help shift it..
newbie lah, dunno any better..

blur is probably fr the slight motion of hand pressing shutter..
more of the building needs to be seen, either by extending shutter speed, or by overlaying in a pre-shot pic in postprocessing..

the rest, well, more practice will get u there.

i'm guessing the ur not using the mirror lockup or ur tripod is not sturdy enough that's why the background ambience light looks like motion blur also it's too underexposed to my likings(personal preferences) also like other said it's not posted on the right thread CS got photo gallery thread for this

Few advices.
1. Use Mirror up.
2. Use remote shutter (wire or wireless).
3. Expose the ambience light will look better.

Something like ...
dsc1211w.jpg

Last edited:
Few advices.
1. Use Mirror up.
2. Use remote shutter (wire or wireless).
3. Expose the ambience light will look better.

Something like ...
dsc1211w.jpg

yeah, i agree with you here.. TS your fireworks shot are not too bad however it seems to me that your background seems to be blur even though you are on a tripod. You should expose longer so that you get a nicer back ground too.

you should use a bigger aperture value ie f/8, and wired remote shutter is a must...