Begineer here

Status
Not open for further replies.

artnet99

Jan 29, 2007
North East
What's the entry DSL camera for begineer? I used to have PAS camera (Point And Shoot) type. Saw this friend uses Nikon DSL image was so clear which make me feel 'shiok' specially when print to a HP 6 color printer. The different is great!

Please share what's good and not too $$$ for begineer..

ExplorerZ

Jan 9, 2006
West Legion
hkchew03.deviantart.com
What's the entry DSL camera for begineer? I used to have PAS camera (Point And Shoot) type. Saw this friend uses Nikon DSL image was so clear which make me feel 'shiok' specially when print to a HP 6 color printer. The different is great!

any dSLR at price <2kSGD is good enough for beginner.

Galdor

Jul 5, 2006
Planet Gaia
s105.photobucket.com
Maybe you want to get a second hand D70s. If you really want a brand new one then go for the D80. Before you jump in, you must first know your budget and bear in mind that you are not just buying a camera but you will be buying into the whole system. Things like dry cabinet, lenses and filters have to be considered too.

jdredd

Mar 30, 2006
350D, nikon D40, D70 etc.. are all good beginner DSLRs. not to mention other mounts like sony ,pentax etc.

all will definitely be a marked improvement over ur P&S. before u decide, i suggest u research a bit more about different DSLRs. theres a million discussions here about canon v nikon.

scenar

Aug 23, 2005

Hey, dun jump the gun too fast..many of the newer PAS cameras can produce great images.
good lighting and good composition are key, not just a better camera.

Also note that many "sharp" and "saturated" "clear" images that you see have also undergone post-processing in photoshop. If you just use your dslr in "auto" mode and expect the very same output, it's not going to happen...

that said, a dslr will indeed give better images when used correctly.
Nikon has an excellent range like the d40,d50,d80 while canon has the 400D and 30D.

what do u like/want to shoot anyway?

artnet99

Jan 29, 2007
North East
scenar, I'm more to shoot macro like flowers under daylight. Others would be "walks of life" image..

scenar

Aug 23, 2005
scenar, I'm more to shoot macro like flowers under daylight. Others would be "walks of life" image..
For what you want to shoot, a P&S actually does fine

Flower Macro:
There are a few CSers including tchuanye among others who shoots very excellent macro using a PAS camera and some adapted equipment. Do a search and look under the macro section.
They shoot mainly insects, but really the same technique can be applied to flowers

"walks of life"
a dslr can sometimes be very indiscreet, alex majoli, an award winning magnum photographer uses an olympus PAS to great effect.Do a google search on him.

If however, you decide to print huge ~A3, then a dslr would really be handy, otherwise, if 8R is as big as u would ever print, a PAS is fine.

artnet99

Jan 29, 2007
North East
Rite! point noted.
- I guess not to have big hole one time. Let me start from entry level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom