Before you take up a job for making extra pocket money

Not true... There are enough clients who is willing to pay for quality work... knowing how to market yourself well do put you in business...

Regards,

Hart

Bro, are you in Singapore??

Yes, I am.

I am not cheap in the my industry but definitely have enough clients to serve. What I am trying to say is, don't limit yourself in the thinking that no one pays for quality work.

Be positive, work hard to improve your work and service your clients properly and yes, u can charge what you want, if you have something unique that your clients want.

Regards,

Hart

Halfmoon said:
Bro, are you in Singapore??

Yes he is from Singapore. If u see his work (also the recent tv program which feature him), will understand that there are really still ppl willing to spend on quality.

Yes he is from Singapore. If u see his work (also the recent tv program which feature him), will understand that there are really still ppl willing to spend on quality.

Ok. I hv not been watching tv much..... but in local context, I heard more n more people going for cheaper package, lower cost, etc... some really like do not care about the quality.

I feel in ang mo land, people will pay more attention to these quality n more willing to pay..

Yes, I am.

I am not cheap in the my industry but definitely have enough clients to serve. What I am trying to say is, don't limit yourself in the thinking that no one pays for quality work.

Be positive, work hard to improve your work and service your clients properly and yes, u can charge what you want, if you have something unique that your clients want.

Regards,

Hart

Personally, I can only be a hobbyist. I think I enjoy it more this way.

Just feel locals, not many can recognize quality works.... n they seems more cost conscience.

Me, not good enough to earn from this n it is not easy also.

Anybody who needs help with their business may contact me for assistance.

Management consultant for hire! ;-) hehe!

Ok. I hv not been watching tv much..... but in local context, I heard more n more people going for cheaper package, lower cost, etc... some really like do not care about the quality.

I feel in ang mo land, people will pay more attention to these quality n more willing to pay..
basically, everywhere is the same, and every trade is so about the same,

anyway, you want to offer cheap rate, you have to cut corners somewhere and somehow, else you will not able to sustain and out of business very soon, you can read my the post of how some wedding photographers able to do service only for $350.00.

yes, for bargain hunters, what they have in mind is about cost saving, do you really want compromise your rate to their level just to serve them? or educate them to pay more for quality stuffs? how about simply send them to other photographers?

basically, everywhere is the same, and every trade is so about the same,

anyway, you want to offer cheap rate, you have to cut corners somewhere and somehow, else you will not able to sustain and out of business very soon, you can read my the post of how some wedding photographers able to do service only for $350.00.

yes, for bargain hunters, what they have in mind is about cost saving, do you really want compromise your rate to their level just to serve them? or educate them to pay more for quality stuffs? how about simply send them to other photographers?

I think for those bargain hunters... not worth the effort, as they only wants lowest price, and it is a waste of time to change their opinion.

I have seen your post on the other thread, and it was a worthwhile reading. Worst is a lot of people come here to exploit hobbyist and some pro......

Personally, I can only be a hobbyist. I think I enjoy it more this way.

Just feel locals, not many can recognize quality works.... n they seems more cost conscience.

Me, not good enough to earn from this n it is not easy also.

You seems to understand a lot about the market without being in it...

Now I understand where you are coming from...

when a customers press on on the price, just tell them you can't do it, no hard feeling strictly business.
anyway, if you take up the job, you won't be happy, you won't make money, probably hate the final results too.
and what if the customers come back or their friend come and asking the same thing, are you going turn them down this time or taking the job at the same term?

when a customers press on on the price, just tell them you can't do it, no hard feeling strictly business.
anyway, if you take up the job, you won't be happy, you won't make money, probably hate the final results too.
and what if the customers come back or their friend come and asking the same thing, are you going turn them down this time or taking the job at the same term?

Totally agree. Once a precedence is set, it's hard to go back.