Before you jump into Pentax, read this first (Please contribute!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vulpix0r

Oct 2, 2002
West
If you intend to jump into Pentax, do read what me and other forumers have to say about our system. Here's my say.

Before you jump into Pentax, be aware that if you already own a system, eg Canon/Nikon, do think twice before regretting your decision. Every system has its advantages, and no system is perfect. Before you sell your gear and go into a buying spree, here's some things to think about:

1) Why do I want a Pentax system?
2) Is there anything I am with my system I am unhappy with that can't be changed through simple modifications and only available in the Pentax system?
3) Am I prepared to let go of everything I own?
4) Will I be prepared to hunt for certain lenses that I want and also know that it's not as easy as walking into a store and getting it like other brands?
5) Am I willing to learn a whole new system?

When you have answered the questions and you are confident with your decision, the please, go ahead and enjoy your new purchase! :devil:

If you intend to jump into Pentax, do read what me and other forumers have to say about our system. Here's my say.

Before you jump into Pentax, be aware that if you already own a system, eg Canon/Nikon, do think twice before regretting your decision. Every system has its advantages, and no system is perfect. Before you sell your gear and go into a buying spree, here's some things to think about:

2) Is there anything I am with my system I am unhappy with that can't be changed through simple modifications and only available in the Pentax system?
4) Will I be prepared to hunt for certain lenses that I want and also know that it's not as easy as walking into a store and getting it like other brands?

When you have answered the questions and you are confident with your decision, the please, go ahead and enjoy your new purchase! :devil:

Don't think, just buy lah, and I guarantee you won't regret :bsmilie:

Cheers!

Don't think, just buy lah, and I guarantee you won't regret :bsmilie:

Cheers!

Already got some people who don't like the system. Just something to think about before they go bbb.

Already got some people who don't like the system. Just something to think about before they go bbb.

Well, that's because they think too much but shoot too little :D

Go and get a Pentax, and go out and shoot, and your life will be Pentastic! :bsmilie:

Well, that's because they think too much but shoot too little

Go and get a Pentax, and go out and shoot, and your life will be Pentastic!

:bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

BUY BUY BUY!!!

then don't like can

SELL SELL SELL!!!

keep us informed hor! :D

Well, that's because they think too much but shoot too little :D
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: My first point and shoot was the Pentax!

Well, that's because they think too much but shoot too little

Go and get a Pentax, and go out and shoot, and your life will be Pentastic!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Well, camera is just a tool, if you can shoot good pic with any camera than you are :thumbsup: :bsmilie:

I used Pentax for 15 years and got countless memorable images before I was forced to switch to Canon because Pentax couldn't come up with a good enough DSLR body fast enough. I have to say Pentax lenses are excellent (this coming from someone with more than a handful of Canon L lenses).

Now I look at the k10D and wonder if I would've switched if it came out earlier. Then the new MF 645 Digital appears and I drool!

I would encourage anyone to buy Pentax with no hesitation.

well, i bought me already... so why are you waiting for... got get k10, or K100 or k110... dun need wait.. its no regret...:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Yes it true i just bought the K1ooD love it but would not bear to sell my nikon system too special my S2 sold and buy back again. Love the human tone on my fuju and love the AWb on my k1oo :bsmilie: it alway pro and coN right .Human are selfish if i am rich i would like to try sony nearly bought the olmplus too..He... He... and had a canon D60 before:sweat: Buy buy buy and than sell sell sell that will boost up the econominal lor:bsmilie:

Yes it true i just bought the K1ooD love it but would not bear to sell my nikon system too special my S2 sold and buy back again. Love the human tone on my fuju and love the AWb on my k1oo :bsmilie: it alway pro and coN right .Human are selfish if i am rich i would like to try sony nearly bought the olmplus too..He... He... and had a canon D60 before:sweat: Buy buy buy and than sell sell sell that will boost up the econominal lor:bsmilie:

Do you prefer the D60 or K100D? I like the grip of the D60, thumbwheel, large buffer and the idiot proof usage of the D60. For K100D, I love its grip too, weight, price and AWB.:thumbsup:

Er, what's the point of your post? Doesn't make sense to suggest to people how to make an informed decision, after all it's theirs to make. To me, your questions will seem to put off more people from wanting to join the Pentax fraternity. Wouldn't it be easier to tell people the virtues of Pentax cameras? Great performance at a great price, easy of use, backward lens compatibility, etc. So many positive things to say...

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: My first point and shoot was the Pentax!

oh... my first photo and shoot was also pentax (actually it's bro's) but the experience wasn't really good... but later i realised that they have more functionalities than the rest of the cameras...

-smiles-

just go and buy..
k10d..
won't regret..
the body is solid..
-big grinz-

Er, what's the point of your post? Doesn't make sense to suggest to people how to make an informed decision, after all it's theirs to make. To me, your questions will seem to put off more people from wanting to join the Pentax fraternity. Wouldn't it be easier to tell people the virtues of Pentax cameras? Great performance at a great price, easy of use, backward lens compatibility, etc. So many positive things to say...

agree....i was thiking of Pentax k10d and then when I read this.........I hesitage.... is Pentax system so un friendy ? .....diff to get lense, diff to use/learn to use...etc....

agree....i was thiking of Pentax k10d and then when I read this.........I hesitage.... is Pentax system so un friendy ? .....diff to get lense, diff to use/learn to use...etc....

Difficult to get certain lenses, yes, but since OP came, :thumbsup:

If it is that hard to use, read the manual. :bsmilie:

How about beginners to DSLR??

Pentax should have all i need to get started right?

Nikon is having offer on today's straits times..

But of course.. I do know this is a Pentax section. :)

How about beginners to DSLR??

Pentax should have all i need to get started right?

Nikon is having offer on today's straits times..

But of course.. I do know this is a Pentax section. :)

Well, you would need lenses, filters, battery bags, dry box and memory card. Those can be found in singapore. I am not sure about neeekoon's offer, because I don't give nothing to them. :devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.