Before GST ^

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryuggen

Apr 5, 2006
Bukit Panjang
Any guys here will rush down to purchase your targeted lens,cameras, accessories etc before the GST hike?

I'm now stuck in a dilemma. I know i m not ready to purchase the lens yet, but I know that i will need it 1 day. Should I take the green light? To save the 2 percent hike...:dunno:

wah seh, how much are you intending to spend to warrant such a rush? :confused: you sure you'll NEED the stuff?

Any guys here will rush down to purchase your targeted lens,cameras, accessories etc before the GST hike?

I'm now stuck in a dilemma. I know i m not ready to purchase the lens yet, but I know that i will need it 1 day. Should I take the green light? To save the 2 percent hike...:dunno:

Dun make rush decisions when buying expensive stuffs. You'll waste more money if you buy something which you're not really sure you need it or not. But on the other hand, paying a little more for something which you really want and need it, is more worth it. :)

is it a case of trying to save $20.. therefore you have to spend $1000?

haha okok. Looks like i'll consider first. Perhaps i'll just get the necessity thing first.

need to buy house, car, entire nikon range before it hits the 7%.....:angel:

I don't think can save much (if any) by rushing to buy ahead of the GST hike, except for big-ticket items like house or car. For things with 4-digit prices like most cameras or LCD TV, if you wait a few months, the GST hike will be offset by the slightly lower prices then (except maybe for lenses).

before GST rose to 5%, AP quoted me $220 for a battery grip. after GST rose to 5%, i was still quoted the same price.

whaa.. you can really remember prices you ask so long ago, i can only recall paying $1.70 for cigar when i started out and now it's $11.20...

Scared of 7% GST? Find cheap morning flight to HK, go to Carnavon Road, Shop (still have time to have yummy roast goose) then take 8pm flight back. Depending on what you are buying, this method is actually cheaper (especially for Canon stuff)!

If need, buy. If not, save money for something else. If not sure, wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.