Bees around lamp

kultchris

Jan 28, 2004
I realised that recently there r some bees hanging ard my ceiling lamp when the lights r on. They tend to disappear once i switched off the lights. Is this normal ? Its quite a worrying issue for my family. Would appreciate all advice on how to get rid of the bees . Thanks in advance =)

some insects are attracted to the light source, but never notice bee but beetle. On off the light a few times or attract it to other light source outside? Insecticide :sweat:

On the lights, then put a bowl of clear water right beneath the lamp. The insects will be attracted to this alternate "light source" and you can get rid of the insects without spraying or buying anything :)

Tried and tested before!

I believe this happens when there's a beehive nearby your place, try to locate it and get an exterminator to handle it. If you are seeing bees attracted to the light night after night, time to hunt down the hive.

These are definitely not bees, lah. Some kinda of insects that don't bite at all.

I believe it's not bees, but those black insects. They are pretty harmless. Just annoying at times.:D

but they produce buzzing noises like bees ...

I believe bee and many other insects are attracted to certain types of light color like daylight. If you change to warm color I reckon they may go away. Otherwise if you are still concerned use the spray to rid of them lor:devil:

It's better to get a pest control to take a look. They are pro in this field.
Btw, look out for the timing of such thing happening.

Morning and evening, you better be careful. These are timing where bee go back to their hives.

It could be bees, bees have been known to be attracted to lights especially early in the morning and it the only light source around and there may not be a hive nearby to attract them. Your best bet is to close the window or have black out curtains. Hope it helps.

not bees but some kind of flies. I remembered last yr around this time, these flies also appeared. Either you off the lights or u stand on the chair and hold a basin of water under the light :)

I have heard b4 that putting water below the light will make them drop in , any scientific explaiiation?

I have heard b4 that putting water below the light will make them drop in , any scientific explaiiation?

Mentioned b4 in my earlier post here. They will be attracted to the alternative light source provided by the reflection of the light in the water.

are they rly bees?
i think the one u saw r insects that will only appear before or after rain/raining season starts

Mentioned b4 in my earlier post here. They will be attracted to the alternative light source provided by the reflection of the light in the water.

oooo, so either they be attracted to the 1 in the air, or the 1 in the water !

cheers

use candle also can.

the insects will ger burned :sweatsm: Rent a nightjar or bee eaters for 1 day with a nice perch, it will clean it up for u, CLEAN. :bsmilie:

this reminds me of last time SISPEC on tekong... a few mornings wake up the bunk got huge bees flying around....

what we did was.... go out of the bunk, switch off the lights.... the bees killed themselves flying into the ceiling fans LOL

but yeah if i recall correctly there was a hive in the vicinity...

maybe check with your neighbours if they are having the same problems?

oooo, so either they be attracted to the 1 in the air, or the 1 in the water !

cheers

if you put long candle in a bowl and fill the bowl with water, they will either get burned or drown.

2x the lethal action. :sweat: