Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

naheuy

Apr 30, 2010
Seagull
www.facebook.com
hey bros,

was kind of hesitating to put this in the sonyKM section cause i really dont see myself beyond that of a newbie. im looking towards expanding my humble equipment list with something more useful to my everyday shooting... so i am considering between the Minolta "beercan" 70-210mm F4, or a flash unit (GN42/56, thats another issue altogether) in the short term, due to budget cuts in the year 2010:bsmilie:

as i observe myself, i enjoy more of photo-walks than gg for organised shoots, so my everyday shots turn out pretty "street" in some sense. ive seen people posting pics of photo-walks with it, and i think its very useful for that extra reach you cant get sometimes.

BUT, i also get myself into alot of indoor low light situations frequently (restaurant, relative's house) for parties and dinners and whatnots, and pumping the ISO to 1600/3200 all the time is not gonna make my shots pretty. so.... a good solution (albeit not the cheapest) is to invest in a hotshoe flash of course.

so... what do you think should be my next step in photography life?:think: thanks in advance for any valuable input/criticism!

hey bros,

was kind of hesitating to put this in the sonyKM section cause i really dont see myself beyond that of a newbie. im looking towards expanding my humble equipment list with something more useful to my everyday shooting... so i am considering between the Minolta "beercan" 70-210mm F4, or a flash unit (GN42/56, thats another issue altogether) in the short term, due to budget cuts in the year 2010:bsmilie:

as i observe myself, i enjoy more of photo-walks than gg for organised shoots, so my everyday shots turn out pretty "street" in some sense. ive seen people posting pics of photo-walks with it, and i think its very useful for that extra reach you cant get sometimes.

BUT, i also get myself into alot of indoor low light situations frequently (restaurant, relative's house) for parties and dinners and whatnots, and pumping the ISO to 1600/3200 all the time is not gonna make my shots pretty. so.... a good solution (albeit not the cheapest) is to invest in a hotshoe flash of course.

so... what do you think should be my next step in photography life?:think: thanks in advance for any valuable input/criticism!
get a flash. a flash allows for more creativity in photography, especially when you take it off the camera. it lets you explore more into how to manage the lighting of your subject, which is a must in good portrait photography. it also allows you to shoot at higher shutter speeds, giving you sharper photos too. i got my flash before my beercan.

You have to understand that flash photography is a whole new technique to master..

Status
Not open for further replies.