Bee Macro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternaleyes

Oct 8, 2008
Hello guys, my 1st time posting shots. Just want to share the joy I found in macro shots!

Went for a swim with my gf yesterday at the club, and while waiting for her to finish showering, I noticed a patch of grass/greens by the pool. Looks something like this.

Macros_at_Orchard_CC_1_by_jasperngoh.jpg

It's a common kind of weed that usually grows everywhere and anywhere. The flowers look like this.

Macros_at_Orchard_Country_Club_by_jasperngoh.jpg

I noticed that there was a little bee flying around the patch of grass and flowers, so I decided to camp at one of the nice yellow flower hoping the bee would decide to land on it. So, I remained as still as possible, posed under the burning sun for the next 5 minutes and true enough, I was rewarded by the bee landing on my flower.

Bee_Landing_by_jasperngoh.jpg

My shot scared the bee away, and I had to wait another couple of minutes before the bee plucked up enough courage to have another go at the yellow flower. 5 seconds after the next shot, my girlfriend came out of the showerroom, and we left for lunch.

Bee_Feeding_by_jasperngoh.jpg

These photos were taken handheld with a Canon 450D and EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro.
C&C welcomed, please help me to improve!

Well written.. :thumbsup: :bsmilie:
And nice catch on the bee.. Though it'll be much nicer if the bee
is a little more handsome.. :bsmilie:

Abit blur and out of focus. maybe cause its handheld...

Incredibly impossible shot. Really Fantastic.

fantastic shot bro!!! love the depth of view, would have been better if it was closer though. but you must be really patient to be sitting there, just waiting for the bee to land.
:bigeyes::bigeyes::bigeyes:

IMO:

The #3 pic focus point look like on the flower.

Maybe could focus on the bee instead, or increase the f-stop to capture the flower n bee?? As the background looks relatively far to get a good bokeh still

**Just my personal opinion..

And nice catch on the bee.. Though it'll be much nicer if the bee
is a little more handsome..
Abit blur and out of focus. maybe cause its handheld...

It sure isn't the cute honey bees that appear on the honey bottles. Not sure what kinda bee this is. Thank for your comments!

Incredibly impossible shot. Really Fantastic.

Thank you for the compliments, John!

love the depth of view, would have been better if it was closer though. but you must be really patient to be sitting there, just waiting for the bee to land.

Yeah bro, I was afraid of getting stung. :sweat:

IMO:The #3 pic focus point look like on the flower.
Maybe could focus on the bee instead, or increase the f-stop to capture the flower n bee??

Thank you for your constructive comment. You're right I focused on the flower while waiting for the bee, and i set it at f/2.8. Next time in a situation like that, I'll put it to f/4 and focus on the bug b4 snapping.

Thanks all!

wah.. good effort :D
not easy to shoot BIF (bee in flight) :D
nice one :D

Must commend you on your determination to get the shot.

For macros, details has to be seen, and its quite hard to seen the bee's details in #3 and #4 as they are in the shadows. Useful if flash was used to light up the subject.

wah.. good effort
not easy to shoot BIF (bee in flight)
nice one

Thank you!

For macros, details has to be seen, and its quite hard to seen the bee's details in #3 and #4 as they are in the shadows. Useful if flash was used to light up the subject.

Ahh.. thanks for the tip. I'll use flash the next time I do some macro shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.