bedok resevoir sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

hisphotography

Deregistered
Aug 26, 2009
newbie here 1st time doing sky shoot with 500D and kit lens with BENRO tripod. shoots is between 6.40pm to 7.20pm. pls give me some advise or coment so that i can improve on it.

sky2.jpg

skync.jpg

bedokresevoirsky.jpg

bedokresevoirjetty.jpg

I like your last shot best..

yah... i like the last shot also... nicely taken... ;D

Last pic is nice, but watch the slanted horizon.

Maybe these pictures more suitable for "Landscape"?

Last pic is nice, but watch the slanted horizon.

Maybe these pictures more suitable for "Landscape"?

hmm.. ya.. coz im using kit lens as i dont have a wide angle lens.. so just trying to do something like a wide angle but cant.. lol... haha...

I beg to differ. I think number 3 has the most potential.

Thing is all your horizons are slanted to the right. When taking landscape that is one of the things you have to watch out for religiously. You can also fix the slant in PP too. 1 and 2 can also really benefit from a GND filter to balance out the exposure between the sky and the ground. If you shot in raw, you can also do some dodge and burn using layers (if you use PS), or graduated filters (if you use LR). 1 and 2 can also benefit from ND filters to drag out the shutter timings so as to get a smooth water surface.

About wide angle. A kit lens at 18mm (cropped) or 28mm (full frame) is considered wide angle. You can do a lot with this focal length already. Key is to think about your composition and decided how you want to frame it.

Unless you are talking about UWA (Ultra wide angle). That is another matter.

And I think moby meant this this thread would be be suited for the "Landscape" sub-forum instead of "abstracts and still life".

Last edited:
yea, i really love the last shot. calm.... :)

From the last shot, can see that it was raining earlier on.
Good work on capturing the lovely mood.

daredevil- thanks for the advise mate... ya i think this thread should be suited in "landscape" forum.. thanks again mate.

jygan- thanks bro.. cheers :)

rendell- wow you have sharp eyes.. haha... ya it actually rain...

last shot FTW

I beg to differ. I think number 3 has the most potential.

And I think moby meant this this thread would be be suited for the "Landscape" sub-forum instead of "abstracts and still life".

Agreed. #3 could have taken without the jetty. Put your finger across the photo and see the difference. #4 has got a nice angle but the sky is too blend ;)

i like the last pic also...
look very cool .... :cool:

sorry imma noob:) will try my best to shoot better again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.