Bedok Reservior Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

white5tar

Sep 14, 2007
www.yk-photo.blogspot.com
Hi all, I would like some feedback and comments for the pics below. This photo is taken at Bedok Reservior and the sky and clouds were great that day. I took the photo in portrait so as to create a vast sky feeling.

DSC_5487_5_6_tonemapped.jpg

When I was editing the pic back home, I somehow accidentally resized the photo when I set it as my wallpaper. The resulting image has the land being stretched but has more portion of the sky IMO.

DSC_5487_5_6_tonemappeda.jpg

So i would like to have your comments of the images and which you think is nicer.
Also do u feel that the trees are underexposed?

Hmmm, in my humble opinion, find the second one better. It gives me that "vast" feeling when looking at it. The first one is a tad too constricted. =) However, the second one though giving that "vast" feeling has the trees looking flat and squished.

The clouds look a little sporadic too....a little thin if i might add, but that isn't your fault. We can't control nature XD. Haha. Had the clouds have more definition and maybe some activity at the background (joggers, etc) it might make for a more interesting shot!

=D

Do take note of the vigenetting on the top corners of your pics. And yes, the trees do look underexposed to me as well, either that or your white balance seems to be in the wrong setting casting a blue hue over ur pic.

me think 2nd one looks nicer as well...
:thumbsup:

You also have some dust spots on the top right side near the clouds. You might wanna clean your sensor or remove it during post process.

Thanks all for the comments... personally I feel 2nd pic is nicer too but just need some opinion. Sorry for the late reply... having exams week so was busy rushing to finish up the lecture notes.

Do take note of the vigenetting on the top corners of your pics. And yes, the trees do look underexposed to me as well, either that or your white balance seems to be in the wrong setting casting a blue hue over ur pic.

You also have some dust spots on the top right side near the clouds. You might wanna clean your sensor or remove it during post process.

Thanks for pointing that out. The pic is a HDR pic maybe thats why it cause a blue hue. And yes my sensor has lots of dust on it will have to take it to clean soon. Guess will just photoshop the dust out for now. Thanks!

i like the second pic too:)i wud have preferred a panoramic shot of the scenery:think:cz the extra sky is just to harsh, from the rest of the pleasant looking pic:think: the clouds are blurry at the top tooo........i wud frame the shot just an inch abouve the trees,or crop it if possible to get that panoramic effect:)the exposure is spot on,on the land part...

Status
Not open for further replies.