Mar 23, 2002
Heaven on Earth
h-y-p-h-e-n-s.net
Beauties....
00000113.jpg

00000117.jpg

00000118.jpg

00000119.jpg

I kinda blur the foreground of this last picture but focus on the background... which is not what i want... how do i blur background... what settings should i use?

oh, and don't be afraid to give criticisms coz this are not my first few photos already... and do give me some tips :)

Originally posted by Ling Nightsky

I kinda blur the foreground of this last picture but focus on the background... which is not what i want... how do i blur background... what settings should i use?

oh, and don't be afraid to give criticisms coz this are not my first few photos already... and do give me some tips :)
Use the biggest aperture ie f2.8 or so.... aim at the subject that you want to have it clear and shoot.

Oso, you can try standing very near to a subject and shoot!

00000119.jpg

Ling, you are using 2800z so there aren't many settings that you can play with. In the above pic, the issue is a wrong focus. Try to half-press the shutter and check the focus first. In your pic, the background took up the majority of the frame and that might have made your camera focus on the background instead. Next time try half-press the shutter (and hold it there) so that the cam will start focussing and lock the focus. Use the EVF or LCD to check that it is focussing on the right subject. If it is, press the shutter all the way and take the picture. If it is not, release the shutter, try to recompose the frame and then try half-shutter again.

Hope this helps. :)

I have a similar flower photograph like your 1st picture. Please comment.

flower1.jpg

:D

and the Beast

00000114.jpg

all these pictures are taken in my school.

er, your beast looks better than your beauties...:D

haha ya man...the beast better looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.