Sunset Seeker

IMG_6242p1.jpg

Canon 40D, EF 20-35mm F/2.8 L

ISO 100, 1/3 Sec., f/9 at 20mm, GND x 2

Last edited:

IMG_6166p1.jpg

Canon 40D, EF 70-200mm F/4 L

ISO 100, 1/100 Sec., f/7.1 at 200mm

Hi . Great picture . May I know the location of this place . Look new to me . Couldn't identify it

Cool! love your shots. thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

cheers.

walj

Thanks, enjoy the sunset yesterday. :)

Hi . Great picture . May I know the location of this place . Look new to me . Couldn't identify it

Appreciate your kind comments, the photo was taken at Danga Bay, J.B. :)

That's Danga Bay? Great shot of the sun!

Sunset View

IMG_6172p.jpg

Canon 40D, EF 70-200mm F/4 L

ISO 100, 1/20 Sec., f/8 at 78mm

Agreed yesterday's sunset was one of the better ones.

Thanks for the invitation. Here is my contribution of that day's sunset.

LimChuKangJettyApr2012-3661_cs5_rs2.jpg

Iso 400, 1/320s, f/13, 68mm.

Last edited:
Thanks for the invitation. Here is my contribution of that day's sunset.

Iso 400, 1/320s, f/13, 68mm.

We are looking at the sunset for the same day with just a small distance away but it appeared so much different. Which it mean for example that sunset at Woodlands Waterfront may be different from Changi Point for the same time.. :)

If you compare your 4th picture, generally the colour combination is the same.
I also wondered why mine did not have the round sun and can only attribute it to the timing (and hence cloud movement). Mine was taken at 6.51 PM.

Sunset at 6:50pm

IMG_6125p.jpg

Canon 40D, EF 20-35mm F/2.8 L

ISO 100, 1/20 Sec., f/10 at 23mm, GND x 2

If you compare your 4th picture, generally the colour combination is the same.
I also wondered why mine did not have the round sun and can only attribute it to the timing (and hence cloud movement). Mine was taken at 6.51 PM.

Pic#5 was taken at 6:50pm, viewing from other photo taken during that day, the color and shape of the clouds just changing constantly that explain why. :)

Agreed yesterday's sunset was one of the better ones.

From last week to this week , I will say the better one will be last week wed , last week friday , last week sun , last wed , and yesterday. Hope more to come by

I suspect these days will have "good" sunsets as the weather is dry and sunny. Look out for hot and sunny days and have the camera ready!

Last edited:
Pic#5 was taken at 6:50pm, viewing from other photo taken during that day, the color and shape of the clouds just changing constantly that explain why. :)

Yeah. Your picture #5 was taken in Danga Bay on the Johor side while mine was from Lim Chu Kang jetty. The window was only about 15 mins.

From last week to this week , I will say the better one will be last week wed , last week friday , last week sun , last wed , and yesterday. Hope more to come by

I suspect these days will have "good" sunsets as the weather is dry and sunny. Look out for hot and sunny days and have the camera ready!

Yeah. Your picture #5 was taken in Danga Bay on the Johor side while mine was from Lim Chu Kang jetty. The window was only about 15 mins.

Looks like today will be a nice sunset again by looking at the hot sun outside now, the humility is low also. ;)

Daoyin, your picture posted here, are you using tripod? Any reason using ISO100? ISO100 will give you better photo quality. :)