Beating the Red Light n Paying the Penalty

Status
Not open for further replies.

feelthefeel

Sep 15, 2009
With reference to thread: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=591603

Hi guys,

Sorry to open up this topic again.

I've gone for awhile and just saw some wrong assumptions in the thread which some of you might have misunderstood what I had meant to convey.

Thing is, I wasn't trying to cover for my gf's brother. Just wanted to know what would happen to him. I've advised his mum to not allow him to use her license as it would serve the wrong purpose and can get both of them, if not him only, into deep deep trouble.

Still waiting for any letters or nothing from traffic police.

I've got a question still..with 12 demerit points deducted from one's license, can he/she still drive legally with 0 points left in his license? :dunno:

With reference to thread: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=591603

Hi guys,

Sorry to open up this topic again.

I've gone for awhile and just saw some wrong assumptions in the thread which some of you might have misunderstood what I had meant to convey.

Thing is, I wasn't trying to cover for my gf's brother. Just wanted to know what would happen to him. I've advised his mum to not allow him to use her license as it would serve the wrong purpose and can get both of them, if not him only, into deep deep trouble.

Still waiting for any letters or nothing from traffic police.

I've got a question still..with 12 demerit points deducted from one's license, can he/she still drive legally with 0 points left in his license? :dunno:
I am wondering if the family is worried about the legal consequences only, and don't care if it is the right thing to do? Or both? It will say alot about the persons/families integrity.......:cry:

The purpose of any fine, is not so much as a punishment, but also as a deterrent to avoid the same mistake being repeated........

HS

I am wondering if the family is worried about the legal consequences only, and don't care if it is the right thing to do? Or both? It will say alot about the persons/families integrity.......:cry:

The purpose of any fine, is not so much as a punishment, but also as a deterrent to avoid the same mistake being repeated........

HS

well, they're only human..

With this latest beating of traffic light and when the demerits come in and he has zero points, meaning he has other driving offenses that has not lapse, he should really reflect on his driving habits, I think he should not drive until then, my personal opinion.

I remembered previous thread you posted that you do not want personal opinion, but this thread there was no such mention so I posted mine.

../azul123

0 points means the license will be revoked right? no?

And somemore, if he started with 12 points means it is on probation period, and if during this period all 12 points are gone, then surely the license will be revoked and he got to retake the whole driving test again.. no?

And somemore, if he started with 12 points means it is on probation period, and if during this period all 12 points are gone, then surely the license will be revoked and he got to retake the whole driving test again.. no?

No... U can still drive with 0 points. As long as you don't go below 0 points, you're still a valid driver.

New license holders start with 12 points. Others experienced drivers have 24 points. Red light penalty is 12 points so for someone with 24 points, they can get caught for 2 red light offenses and still able to drive but the next offense that merit point deduction, the license is revoked. The demerit points will last 2 years and after that it will be reinstated.

no and yes he will have to retake if his license is revoked during this period.

Zero point still can drive. If the driver accumulates 13 or more demerit points within a period of 12 months, the license will be revoked. So basically, if your points go negative then you kiss your license good bye.

A driver on probation i.e. 12 points may still drive if he has accumulated 12 demerit points, however, the license would be revoked upon further accumulation of demerit points, i.e. negative points.

However, a full-fledged license driver with 24 points will have his license suspended when it drops to 0 or less, which means 2 x red light cameras means license gantung.

I know because I kena before... 2 x red light camera... :cry:

hey thanks guys. after much persuasion, my gf's mum has decided to advise my gf's bro to turn his own license in. Now I know 0 points is still a valid license. Anyway, the summon came and it's 12 demerit points with $200 fine. He would hv to be more careful now or a revoked license is inevitable. :nono:

New license holders start with 12 points. Others experienced drivers have 24 points. Red light penalty is 12 points so for someone with 24 points, they can get caught for 2 red light offenses and still able to drive but the next offense that merit point deduction, the license is revoked. The demerit points will last 2 years and after that it will be reinstated.

CS TAN, the reinstatement of the demerit points takes 2 years? Not 1 year?

No incentive scheme for safe drivers, like ERP discount???? With my age and 70 years of SAFE driving experience, I don't need to pay any ERP anymore! :bsmilie::bsmilie:

Last edited:
hey thanks guys. after much persuasion, my gf's mum has decided to advise my gf's bro to turn his own license in. Now I know 0 points is still a valid license. Anyway, the summon came and it's 12 demerit points with $200 fine. He would hv to be more careful now or a revoked license is inevitable. :nono:

That's doing the right thing instead of blowing this whole thing bigger into a case of cheating.

Status
Not open for further replies.