Be With Me- Eric Khoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattlock

Feb 28, 2004
www.superhyperreal.com
Who's seen it?
just wanted to say CATCH THIS MOVIE!
pacing is abit uneven but the ending is absolutely heartwrenching.
it's great to see local films getting better and better too

Thanks for the recommendation! Was just wondering which movies to catch.

P.S. not sure you remember me, we met at the Heeren at that casual group meet with John Clang in July :)

i wanna catch this film too, albeit for totally wrong reasons, if you know what i mean :confused:

Can't believe this actually opened in France before it did here. I'm definitely catching it.

sad to say, but in Singapore, only when something/someone borne here goes big ELSEWHERE, ANYWHERE in the World, will it then be recognised locally. pfuit.

I went on Wednesday to catch it at Lido and there were only about 30 or 40 seats filled? what a pity.
the girls in the show are hotttttttttttt.
if there's another reason to catch it.

The show received a rare standing ovation when it was aired in the recent Cannes Film Festival... that says a lot.

mattlock said:
I went on Wednesday to catch it at Lido and there were only about 30 or 40 seats filled? what a pity.
the girls in the show are hotttttttttttt.
if there's another reason to catch it.
2 reasons :embrass:

Yeah, I am definately going to catch this one. Another of Eric's work which I really enjoyed is 12 storys

A standing ovation at Directors ' Fortnight at Cannes is nothing to be sniffed at.

Sadly, the majority are only concerned with cookiecutter Hollywood crap masquerading as blockbusters..more like wallet-busters.

mattlock said:
Who's seen it?
just wanted to say CATCH THIS MOVIE!
pacing is abit uneven but the ending is absolutely heartwrenching.
it's great to see local films getting better and better too
Yeah, I'm happy to see that local films are getting better and better. I'm starting to see the government and local production houses coming together and create campaigns or competitions like The Nokia Mobile Film Awards, Project Pilot and Singapore Film Fiesta. Even secondary school students form their own film and video club as the ECA. 5 years back, nobody cared about local films at all.

Did anybody catch the local film Perth - The Geylang Massacre? The actors' performance were really good! I recommend that!

Cheers,
-Mich- :p

Thanks mattlock for the suggestion. Didn't know about this movie until I saw your thread. Just watched it this evening and I enjoyed it. :thumbsup:

Eric khoo's really something. there are a whole bunch of promising singaporean directors out and about (as seen in the recent Screen Singapore festival....)

I caught Perth I really like lim kay tong's acting. I was at the premiere and they were generous enough to have great catering! crepes with rum and raisin ice cream.ohmygod.

Status
Not open for further replies.