Be Thou my Vision

Status
Not open for further replies.

daden

Nov 24, 2005
Adam Rd, Singapore
www.flickr.com
Please do some harsh constructive comments for noobz like me... Really appreciated your attention... Thanks :)

crossedited3.JPG

Be Thou my Vision

after resizing in PS... is it looks OOF? Some guidance p[lease... and of course comments and thoughts...

taken in SBC, are you a student there?

the pic doesn't go with your title - It should be something more abstract or dynamic.

a point and shoot approach cannot work.

well it is not just oof, the composition is also out

Yes, jopel... I'm staying in the men's dorm there. In the actual size (I think) it's not oof, but after resizing down it become like that... Anyway, compositional out - any way I could learn more? ON the learning curve here... :)

no lecture ah,

after resizing you need to use unsharp mask.

dun get ur title.

thou = you. right?

and i believe ur idea might benefit if it was shot wider, with a lot more sky.

i thought the colors are pretty dull and unexciting. if this is what ur vision is, it sure is sad.

Thanks for all replies. Jopel, thanks - will try it.
Cheese cake, (T)hou here is refer to the cross, which represent Jesus Christ - dull color - represent the suffering that He bored in the cross.
Title take from the old hymn - with the traditional ancient Irish melody - 18th century. Taken in the morning - arnd 6.30 I guess... and the view from my dormitory room restrict me to that view... at that time just loved how the rising sunshine fell on the cross... but I guess it's just didn't work out is it? Too bad lah...:embrass: gotta improve my skill before my next posting :)
It's another version with a minimal resizing... last shots hehehehe... please bear my 'noobiesness' ;)
CROSS.jpg

Your title and pic just made me whistle the hymn .... :)

Think you could try playing with the colors of the pic. Since its sunlight on the cross, try introducing more orange "cast" to the pic perhaps.

Just my personal views. :)

wheels said:
Your title and pic just made me whistle the hymn .... :)

Think you could try playing with the colors of the pic. Since its sunlight on the cross, try introducing more orange "cast" to the pic perhaps.

Just my personal views. :)
Glad you are familiar with the hymn... :) Will try to implement your idea... :) Thanks Bro!

Juz a thot:

Maybe shoot within your room to show the window (darkened) to reveal the cross outside leaning on the dull background next to an overcast sky.

Sort of tells me that when I awake and look out, Jesus Christ is out there to "Be Thou my Vision".

:)

i mean that ur title la.. not that i've any problems understanding the significance behind the meaning of the title. :bsmilie:

'Be Thou my Vision'... i think the english structure of the title is not correct?

i still think it'll benefit if it is shot much wider, i.e show more sky..

Cheesecake said:
i mean that ur title la.. not that i've any problems understanding the significance behind the meaning of the title. :bsmilie:

'Be Thou my Vision'... i think the english structure of the title is not correct?

i still think it'll benefit if it is shot much wider, i.e show more sky..
hahaha... of course bro! :) just wonder that did u notice how I use the capital letter in (T)hou and (m)y...;) ... anyway, I wish I got a lot of sky view too... definetely! :D Thanks for the input...

daden said:
hahaha... of course bro! :) just wonder that did u notice how I use the capital letter in (T)hou and (m)y...;) ... anyway, I wish I got a lot of sky view too... definetely! :D Thanks for the input...
yes, i'm a Christian and i understand ur intention.

cheers!

eng_keow said:
Juz a thot:

Maybe shoot within your room to show the window (darkened) to reveal the cross outside leaning on the dull background next to an overcast sky.

Sort of tells me that when I awake and look out, Jesus Christ is out there to "Be Thou my Vision".

:)
Now that's an inspiration! :bigeyes: Thanks bro!!!:D will try it...

to jopel: are u familiar with SBC? alumni? I'm studyin in the church music department here... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.