Be real careful these days when you receive any emails

Status
Not open for further replies.

dingdong

Jan 19, 2004
Now adays, since internet is so much powerful, and today, I somehow received this Citi-Bank email asking me to click onto the link the update all my necessary details, this is a true professional scam job, the email and url even have the citi bank link, but one thing that stops me from going forward is that I don't have any Citi Bank account and that alerted me, so guys and gers, do be alert, always double check and don't just blindly follow what the email or any etc blindly. Even recently, Ebay also have been the scammer's ploy of tricking genuine users like me to click on to their fraud website, but luckily, I also didn't fall into the trap. Just to high light these cases to you ppls.

dingdong said:
Now adays, since internet is so much powerful, and today, I somehow received this Citi-Bank email asking me to click onto the link the update all my necessary details, this is a true professional scam job, the email and url even have the citi bank link, but one thing that stops me from going forward is that I don't have any Citi Bank account and that alerted me, so guys and gers, do be alert, always double check and don't just blindly follow what the email or any etc blindly. Even recently, Ebay also have been the scammer's ploy of tricking genuine users like me to click on to their fraud website, but luckily, I also didn't fall into the trap. Just to high light these cases to you ppls.

banks will NEVER ask you for your details online.

Such scams have been going around for quite some time. The worst thing is that they make the site look so genuine, by linking all the graphics, etc from the original site. But once you enter your information into the bogus site's window, that's it.

Nowadays, going by the jokeworld.biz exploit through IE, we have to be careful even when others forward innocent looking URLs.

Simple rules to live by when surfing

1. Do not give away personal information
2. Do not believe everything you see on teh internet.
3. Do not forward or download anything that you are not sure of.
4. Do always remember the above rules.

Happy surfing

thought recently DBS had a scam site in hongkong, was on the news a few months back.

Status
Not open for further replies.