be on the look out for shady man shooting little girls at woodlands waterfront

I can empathize with the parents after reading their explanation.

But if we were to discuss purely legal facts without emotions coming in the way, this is what happened...

The photographer did not apparently do anything illegal simply by taking a photograph of a child in an open public place. Furthermore, no clear mention has also been made yet if the photograph which the parent deleted was actually an indecent one.

The parent possibly did something illegal/criminal... no matter what his doubts or feelings were at the time... if he forcefully snatched someone's hand-phone and deleted information on it without the owner's consent.

I think great advice is being offered here by other members for the parents' benefit. It would have been wiser to ask the photographer to delete the content on his phone himself OR have him give his consent willingly to the parent to delete the content. I hope the parent did the latter rather than the former.

Do not take the law into your own hands. Next time things could turn out differently... especially if a stranger feels physically threatened. Not everyone is meek. Some people are easily excitable and could act unexpectedly as a result in a sudden burst of fear or rage.

Last edited: